Weddings Question For (Some) Wedding DJs

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
So that is your entire job -- to make people dance...?

Did you ever consider that some folks enjoy LISTENING to music. I think what yer doing here, is defining what result YOU want, and not necessarily what your audience wants. Have you ever given a thought to many folks, who might want to sit at their table or the bar, and tap their fingers or toes...?

I'm guessing that wouldn't give you a woody, but they might be happy...
Listening Music is played during Dinner/Cocktail Hour, Entertainment/Dance is supposed to evoke a response including tapping their toes, fingers etc. It is when they are dancing that the momentum and transitions should be fluid. I will not help you to thurn this one into a 10 page debate as (According to what you have posted before about your style) you appear to be a "Just Push Play" type. ;)

Listening Music is played during Dinner/Cocktail Hour, Entertainment/Dance is supposed to evoke a response including tapping their toes, fingers etc. It is when they are dancing that the momentum and transitions should be fluid. I will not help you to thurn this one into a 10 page debate as (According to what you have posted before about your style) you appear to be a "Just Push Play" type. ;)

Suit yourself (do you have a suit)...? xf:D

You can label me whatever you like -- I don't really give a hoot. I'm just not concerned with keeping the dance floor filled, unless I'm at a club, and I have to turn the bar to make a living.

I get no joy out of watching people dancing (well maybe some of the chicks). I get my joy out seeing them have a good time, and I get paid. Does that make me a button pusher, bad fellow...?

People Dancing and having a good time often leads to Overtime. People not dancing tend to not stay at an event as long, makes the client wonder why they paid you for 4 hours when the event only lasted three hours. You are more likely to be hired for other Gigs by potential Clients seeing how you can motivate the crowd. However, as you said, to each his own. ;)

You can't go wrong with an hour of some John Tesh, Kenny G & Zamfir.
just kiddng.
You know, I was looking for some pan flute remixes ...

I really dont care who beatmixes that DOES not do weddings

if you can at a wedding then good for them

any other type of function then thats up to you

BUT if you try and FORCE other djs to tell them they have to beatmix at a wedding
then get a life and do your own job and stop preaching to others to do what you do

I am sick of Djs that think they know more than others if they have only been djing for 5mins

the older djs that have continually dj weddings ALL the time know what works better
not some smart ass dj that does a wedding in between a school dance and a club

i dont care who i offend here, you need to get a life and look at clients and NOT what you think
clients want.....

so have a nice day
you do your work i'll do mine, i'll still be working jobs well after you have stopped getting work

(this really pisses me off)

oh I will add one more thing

if you have listened to a STANDARD radio station that focuses on just MUSIC you dont hear dead air you dont hear mixes 24/7 and there is a balance of slow and fast music

now if you did that for weddings then you would get a lot more work for the weddings that WANT it that way
pushing your way on to other djs is a no no period

dont like it then quit the job and go shovel shit from the cops that ride horses thru town all day

have a nice day!.................................................not!

dont like it then quit the job and go shovel **** from the cops that ride horses thru town all day

have a nice day!.................................................not!
We don't have any cops on horses around here, so that wouldn't pay much .. A few on Segways, but that wouldn't pay either.

Mixing whenever done properly keeps the guest's on the dance floor longer, like it or not get pissed off or not it's just the way it is. No matter what event or where you are playing when you blend songs together the guest dance more 9 out of 10 times. Like it or not that is just the way it is. Play a full song for 4-5 mins. every time and you will bore the crowd to death. THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS!

Tenga un buen dia. ;-)

you appear to be a "Just Push Play" type. ;)

Nothing wrong with a Push Play DJ if they haven't learned how to blend. They have no choice, but when you get people arguing that non-mixing will keep the guest's longer on the dance floor that is when I laugh my azz off. They have no idea. ;-)

I think most are misunderstanding the core of the question. There are multiples of types of mixing. Beatmixing, Blend mixing etc. Keeping music flow smooth and without breaks is what I think we all can agree on. However as I have mentioned before doing ballroom type music the crowd prefers to stop give themselves applause and then continue into the next song otherwise smooth blends or mixes keep most other parties running smoothly.

Play a full song for 4-5 mins. every time and you will bore the crowd to death. THAT IS JUST THE WAY IT IS!

Funny...when I beatmix I play as much of a song as possible. Never had a problem with boring the crowd to death, though.

then have a nice day -
you do it your waym i'll do it mine thats worked for me for the last 35x years

topic can be closed now :)