Same Library For Multiple Systems

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
You can spend your days getting your panties in a bunch trying to control this, or thinking that it somehow controls you - or you can focus on your own best path and realize 99% of it will never affect you.

Not trying to control it Bob -- I'm not a music cop. But, I have to answer the support calls. Some of these calls go into hours, and I lose any profit I made on the software license.

Would YOU spend 3 hours on the phone, with somebody you know pirated almost all of their music?

It's annoying, because some of the worst offenders, are some of the people on the internet chat boards, who complain the most about lowballers... ;)

Not trying to control it Bob -- I'm not a music cop. But, I have to answer the support calls. Some of these calls go into hours, and I lose any profit I made on the software license.

Would YOU spend 3 hours on the phone, with somebody you know pirated almost all of their music?

It's annoying, because some of the worst offenders, are some of the people on the internet chat boards, who complain the most about lowballers... ;)

I think you need to set some limits dude. I'm sure Rockit is very reasonably priced and I don't think you owe people that much free support. Direct them to a user forum somewhere and let them help each other. There's a whole lot of DJs who are over-confident and under-qualified out there and they simply don't deserve all that free support. So, to answer your question - No.. I wouldn't give even the first hour even if I knew they were 100% legit.

On another note, this month's issue of Electronic Musician features an expensive article on Digital DJing aimed at musician's interested in crossing over into DJing. The use Tommy Lee as a good example.

The article spends a good deal of space talking about the music library and guess what they recommend? Yep... iTunes is the preferred source.

Tommy Lee will have to license whatever tracks he publicly performs or records into production. Where Apple can't grant and isn't responsible for those licenses (because they have no authority in that arena) - it merely means that Tommy Lee; just like the rest of us - will have to take the extra step of clearing his licenses with the agencies who do have that authority whenever a particular use of performance requires it.

While many of you seem to think there is something "hands off" about iTunes tracks the reality is that nothing has changed. We are still responsible to do exactly what we have always done with retail music product - clear the license whenever where ever we may perform it publicly (which is usually a club or bar.) ...and where the performance is private no such clearance is required.

LOL. I meant "expansive" not expensive article... LOL. The magazine is free to professionals only $6 US on the newsstand.

As I have said and will say

THE DJ BUYS HIS OWN MUSIC AND HE GETS PAID SLIGHTLY MORE

none of the Company buying it all the time for X amount of Rigs
wasnt worth it 20x years ago and it certainly NOT worth it now

the Dj will buy his/her own music (as long as he has the songs requested for the function)
then the said Dj will be paid more

thats how its been here and always will (plus saves the company money in the long run)

oh ps
ALL Djs must carry the PPCA and APRA Licences or they do not work!