Serato Pyro

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
It does look pretty cool. It seems to operate a lot like Mixmiester, only it might be better, and it runs on your iPhone or other iOS device. I'll certainly be getting a copy to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does look pretty cool. It seems to operate a lot like Mixmiester, only it might be better, and it runs on your iPhone or other iOS device. I'll certainly be getting a copy to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you do get a copy to try, lets us know how it goes.

I just downloaded it .. it works similar to iTunes Genius feature .. basically a smart playlist player.

You pick a few songs and it then looks through your library (or Spotify) and finds "similar" songs you can put in the playlist. That's basically it .. simple playlist editor.

Reactions: Scott Hanna
I downloaded it.

Works great with Spotify. Nice interface. Easy to move songs around.

But it's a player. I wouldn't trust it to pick music for an event

Might be helpful to find new music for personal listening.

It's free

Reactions: steve149
btw, like the djay app, you can't use Apple Music with it. But you can Spotify.

On the djay app, Apple says they don't have the rights to allow a 3rd party app to play the music...but somehow Spotify does

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Just an update. Still really liking this app for personal use. Manipulating a playlist couldn't be easier. I could also see using it for a cocktail system. Much easier to edit a playlist with pyro than Spotify or Apple Music.

The only thing I don't like is the mixing. It seems to attempt to beat mix everything if you select mixing. Don't see a way to adjust the mixing. Either on or off.
So in personal listening, I have songs all over the place. The mixing ends up being very funky, even skipping ...or echoing sometimes.

So I pretty much leave that off.

So..great player.......but I wouldn't worry about it taking any jobs from anybody anytime soon.