Set up question remote speaker

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

tunes4046

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Jul 24, 2008
Fennimore Wi
I have a gig tomorrow night, they have just asked for a speaker to be located outside 50 feet away, there are some yard games and a patio there, I am running my MC6000 through a driverack pa is there a quick easy way to get a full range signal out to that speaker, wireless is not an option, MC6000 has booth outputs, but they are stereo only any suggestions, I have nowhere I can purchase any gear before this event,

Set the switch on the rear panel of the MC6000 to mono and just run a single cable from either of the main outs to the remote speaker . Running mono inside is what I do half the time anyway.

Use the booth output for the main inside speakers instead .. not sure if the mono switch affects the booth output .. thus the switch of use.

**Edit for clarity

Last edited:
You didn't say what your inside speaker is, I assume powered. Can you not just take an xlr from the "out" on that one out to the remote? If you want to feed it directly from the mixer, Steve's suggestion will also work.
sorry I run 10 inch powered tops over 18 inch powered subs crossed over with the Driverack so no full range signal directly to the speakers

Do they need to hear the same music and announcements from inside?

If not, then just set up your American Audio 8go bt speaker with some tunes on it out there.

Or if you want to ghetto rig it, then just set up a wired microphone with a long cord into the go bt speaker outside. Put the mic on a stand about 5 feet away from one of your speakers inside. LOL. It won't sound good out there, but they will hear everything inside!

Reactions: tunes4046
Do they need to hear the same music and announcements from inside?

If not, then just set up your American Audio 8go bt speaker with some tunes on it out there.

Or if you want to ghetto rig it, then just set up a wired microphone with a long cord into the go bt speaker outside. Put the mic on a stand about 5 feet away from one of your speakers inside. LOL. It won't sound good out there, but they will hear everything inside!
yea they want to be able to hear announcements and so forth, I made them no promises, I'll figure out something I always do, I don't think I will use you ghetto suggestion though.
a quick comment on the American Audio 8go bt speaker, I have both of them rented this weekend, I have started giving this option to couple who can't don't want to pay my ceremony charge, $75 with a wired mic and a stand, I charge a $200 deposit

Last edited:
i have a wedding end of the month and it's a 2 story barn...gonna preview it monday .. ceremony outside on lower level then more guest than fit on one level..Hey, i'm getting paid my highest pay yet...

So..since i"ll have 2 systems there figure to run the main one upstairs for dancing/head table and the ceremony one downstairs for those folks. Of course they have to play the same thing...but my mixers have various line out options - headphone, FX, Monitor, etc. (don't have them in front of me) but I've run sub out separately for testing..so I know I can do it - just have to get the right length cable and how to route it.

There is a plug in for VDJ to make mono out...so there ya go..or I go.

Yes, I'd run the whole system in mono and run a 50 foot XLR from the out of the closest speaker. If your speakers don't have outputs they must be either passive or really old!

You have the same controller I do. Why not just run the speaker from the booth as you would like a monitor. Just have enough wire to go from your controller to the speaker. That way you can control the volume for that speaker separate from the main speakers.

Yes, I'd run the whole system in mono and run a 50 foot XLR from the out of the closest speaker. If your speakers don't have outputs they must be either passive or really old!
I do run my system mono however I am not sure the booth outputs are mono, the switch is by the mains, I also run a Driverack PX, and use it as the crossover, so I have no speakers getting a full range signal

Met with a bride today for a 8/28 wedding at a park facility...2 floors plus outside.

Ceremony outside. Cocktails downstairs. Dinner upstairs. Dancing outside in yet another locale.

Solution? Setup downstairs just under the balcony (power, shade, cover if rain). Gonna put the PV15 passivies there, one on either side of the patio (can snake the wire over the beams of the balcony floor). From each speaker I'll run a wire up to the balcony and put a PV12 on either end of that. Voila - sound on both floors, inside and outside. Just turn the speakers as needed.

Who says the old gear isn't good for something? LOL

Only drawback is won't have separate volume on each floor, but shouldn't matter - the park has, and I quote the bride " tell the DJ there is a noise ordinance in the park"... whatever that may mean ..not too specific, huh?

and ye olde amps have a mono switch on them. Ahh new technology isn't always better.

Reactions: ittigger