Shure Vocal Microphones - SM48 are $29.99 at GC this weekend

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I just saw the commercial pop up on youtube. ...How did they know I'm a DJ? ...Perhaps it's the hundreds of DJ equipment related videos I watch on there.

...Also, IDNOW.COM has 15% off this weekend if you spend $249+...not a bad deal. :)

Reactions: Loneavenger
It must be Sure month or something. Up here in Canada the SM 48 is on at Long and McQuade this week I believe 35 bucks. There was another Sure on for $28 I can't recall the model number though

I meant to say IDJNOW.COM has a 15% off promo code. MDAY15 works as long as you spend over $249 on your purchase. ...I'm debating picking up another pair of speakers, but I don't really NEED new speakers. ...Just an itch to buy new speakers lol.

I meant to say IDJNOW.COM has a 15% off promo code. MDAY15 works as long as you spend over $249 on your purchase. ...I'm debating picking up another pair of speakers, but I don't really NEED new speakers. ...Just an itch to buy new speakers lol.
The 15% is not a big deal. That's a regular thing at GC depending how much you spend. That's just a trick they use to get you in the store buying something. GC will say the same thing for this weekend as well even though you can go there any day and like I said depending on how much you spend on a single item, you get the 15% discount.

Nice! I was disappointed in my GTD Audio dual mic system last night at my outdoor wedding. The minister wore the clip on pack and a lector had one of the handhelds. They were positioned maybe 60ft away which I thought was not a bad distance. The lector sounded good prior to the ceremony, but of course once we started and he tried to read, it cut out and looked bad. The minister worked great, but only picked up Antenna B. I think I need to bite the bullet and buy another wireless system that has both handheld AND a lavalier combo. Suggestions? I want something with good range and sound of course.

Nice! I was disappointed in my GTD Audio dual mic system last night at my outdoor wedding. The minister wore the clip on pack and a lector had one of the handhelds. They were positioned maybe 60ft away which I thought was not a bad distance. The lector sounded good prior to the ceremony, but of course once we started and he tried to read, it cut out and looked bad. The minister worked great, but only picked up Antenna B. I think I need to bite the bullet and buy another wireless system that has both handheld AND a lavalier combo. Suggestions? I want something with good range and sound of course.

We use Shure SLX and i can't recommend them enough. Get yourself a receiver and Handheld / Lavalier combo and then spend the extra $60-70 to upgrade to the 1/2 wave antennas. Incredibly powerful system that has never let me down. I should mention we use the Bodypacks with the Shure Lavaliers and then for the minister we give him the choice between a Shure Lavalier clip on OR a Mogan Microphones earpiece mic ( my FAVORITE of all the mics i've ever used for speakers ). Then we usually set-up a handheld mic on a stand for any readers / announcements / or just as a backup. We use a Wireless Beta 58 for that

Reactions: BlueLineDJ
I use the similar Audio-Technica 3000 series and have both handhelds and bodypacks .. It's tough to recommend a set today .. the good bets are all in the 500-600Mhz bands and who the heck knows whats going on with them .. If you buy, shoot for a band under 580Mhz, as it seems as they sell off the 600Mhz band this summer, it will include a slight dip into the top of the 500Mhz band as well.