Interactive DJs skate with santa!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Piddipat

DJ Extraordinaire
Jul 8, 2011
Durham, NC, USA
i play for the outdoor skating rink belonging to the community center every summer. naturally, i'm not playing there now that summer's over. but the unseasonably warm weather spurred me to stop in with an idea. i told the director that since the weather was crazy warm, why not have a skate with santa for the kiddies. he broke out in a grin, saying, "that's a great idea! let's do it! i was just trying to think of something different that we could do for the kids."

it'll happen next week. can't wait! :bananen_smilies031:

Reactions: 2 people
Ah .. to be above 40 degrees ...

Reactions: 1 person
I used to skate with Santa at Rockefeller Center (on the ice) -- but you wouldn't catch my sorry butt out there now!

24 this morning in this Godforsaken place, 38 now with freezing rain -- on the bright side, the bathroom is up to 41 degrees :)

I want to skate at Rockefeller. Put that on my bucket list. I want to go to that famous toy store there too.

You'd love Manhattan -- but it does get a bit chilly this time of year, with the wind blowing between all the buildings. The ice rink is set down about 10-12 feet or so, so it's not as bad down there (still cold though). Bring some blanket lined jeans, and some good socks -- I made the mistake of skating the first time with a suit on -- not a good idea, but I had a gal pal from work with me, to keep me warm.

Then hop the subway, and go down to Little Italy or Chinatown to warm up, and have something to eat. :)

I've been to Manhattan quite a few times.

Fun place, if yer willing to wander around. I had a rare opportunity, because I didn't really have to do much work, so I got to wander around the streets, and visit all the little shops. Chocolate shops, restaurants, magic shops -- you can find almost anything in NYC.

Chinatown is fun -- you can buy almost anything you would ever want for peanuts. Used to get my shirts and ties there -- 3 silk ties for $5, and a couple handmade, tailored shirts for $20 -- and they give you free egg rolls and a drink while you wait for them to make them.