So as soon as I said....

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Patrick

Just One Day At A Time
Sep 2, 2011
Martinsburg WV
www.patrickryanlewis.com
We did not do Sweet Sixteens in another post....we book a last minute one for this coming Thursday.

The mother has said she does not want any hard rap or hip-hop, so anyone have any music suggestions that are not in the genre? I am going through the making a folder of the Billboard top 100 from this week, but any other suggestions would be appreciated too.

Good luck. Mom doesn't want hip-hop or rap. Guess what the kids want! Yep, they want hip-hop and rap. No win situation here. Post up on how it went.

Best,

Paul

Yeah Paul, I know....this is only a 35 kid event in a small room....it will be our first sweet 16 since the disaster one we did last January (you can read all about that one here http://ourdjtalk.com/threads/38788-1.8.11-Sweet-16-Party?highlight=patrick+lewis)

The mother is a lawyer and made it clear what she wanted when I spoke with her, and the daughter is sending over a request list tomorrow, and I will be speaking with the mom again once I get that.

I hear ya Pat, and re-read the other post. I had a 50th Birthday party last nite, out of 50 invited, 16 show up including 4 brats.

I don't book kids parties, and that's what this one turned into. I like the old W.C. Fields quote where he was asked if he liked children and responded by saying "Only if they are well-done"

Best luck on the upcoming sweet 16, better you than me!

Best,

Paul

Just lead the enough to compensate for the wind and then pull the trigger :D:D:D:D:D Good luck, specially with the stuff removed by the kid's mother. Maybe they'll dance to stuff from the 50's, 60's, 70's and 80's ;)

Yeah Paul, I know....this is only a 35 kid event in a small room....it will be our first sweet 16 since the disaster one we did last January (you can read all about that one here http://ourdjtalk.com/threads/38788-1.8.11-Sweet-16-Party?highlight=patrick+lewis)

The mother is a lawyer and made it clear what she wanted when I spoke with her, and the daughter is sending over a request list tomorrow, and I will be speaking with the mom again once I get that.

I can't wait to read the gig log. Where's my popcorn?

<Passing popcorn to Rick> need any salt?

"The mother is a laywer". LOL You better hope she doesn't sue you if you don't get the music right.