Started Blogging

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
My only advice would be to not commit to a weekly schedule.

What starts out as an attempt at trying to curry favour with potential clients by posting information designed to lead them to believe that you are very knowledgeable in your industry (not saying that your not) and are a top level professional that they should look to when choosing their entertainment needs, quickly becomes an obligation and a chore when you start running out of things to say and then feel that you have to keep posting something to stay relevant or stay on schedule.

It's a trap that many fall into that leads to the premature death of many a blog.
Better that you only post when you have something to say instead of posting because you feel you have to say something.

Last edited:
After your 20 weeks of material are up, Write a blog titled "6 tips on how to write a professional blog"

My only 2 tips for you are:

1. Write something in the first paragraph, or 20 seconds of reading that will jump out enough to keep the Reader interested in reading the whole blog.
2. Keep the entire blog to something a normal paced reader can read entirely within 5 minutes. Something too long, and people won't read it in today's world.

After your 20 weeks of material are up, Write a blog titled "6 tips on how to write a professional blog"
Was that sarcasm, or did you think I was really off to a good start?

My only 2 tips for you are:

1. Write something in the first paragraph, or 20 seconds of reading that will jump out enough to keep the Reader interested in reading the whole blog.
So I need to make the I tro more exciting
2. Keep the entire blog to something a normal paced reader can read entirely within 5 minutes. Something too long, and people won't read it in today's world.
Did you feel that post was too long?

Was that sarcasm, or did you think I was really off to a good start?

So I need to make the I tro more exciting

Did you feel that post was too long?

No sarcasm, I think you are off to a good start!

Your intro was "OK". I was just saying that as a general top for blog writing in general

Actually, no, that blog post was within my 5 minute limit! Generally speaking well over 80% of web site browers/readers don't stick around for more than 5 minutes. It's best to get your point across in under 5 minutes. 3 Minutes even better. If you can read the whole post within 3 minutes not having to try to read it really fast, then that is nominal.

Looks like a great start! The consistency will definitely help you stay on track with it. Just make sure you're sharing your blog posts on social media to drive some traffic to them. I post mine on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn (starting to), and Google+ There are apps that allow you to share to all of your platforms at once, but I find it pretty easy to do them quickly myself.

One additional tip for toasts...try to have the one doing the toast to stand behind and between the B+G during said toast.

That makes it more intimate plus the photographer gets a better pic....IMHO.