Store grand opening today

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

rickryan.com

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Dec 9, 2009
Hendersonville, TN
www.rickryan.com
I'm learning a bit today. I've done a couple of store openings before but not for a store this large. Doing a Marshalls department store, DJ and Photobooth. They had me setup just inside the front door. For the first couple of hours I used my Bose L1 M2, double subs. It was too loud up front and the sound died 1/3 thru the store. Went to the van and got out a pair of QSC K10s and put them on a duplex adapter (2 speakers, 1 stand) and mounted that to a 9ft crank stand. If they ever call again, this is the way to do it and maybe put a couple of other wireless speakers further back. So far, pretty cool little event. There were women lined up at 7:20am this morning and they opened the doors at 8am.

I wouldn't worry much about having sound all over the store (Unless they paid big money for that type of set up). Generally, they just care that a DJ is there, and in the customer's line of sight at some point during their shopping experience at the store during the event. I use to love doing store events. Outside of maybe some long load ins, store sales events are the easiest gigs to do.

Reactions: tonyPsounds