Talking about a tight squeeze.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I just came back from a place looking for a place to play. I've been inside this place before. They already have a DJ playing there on Friday nights. Nobody is playing there on Saturday or Sunday. I asked who do I need to talk to about playing there. I was directed to this lady sitting down. She explained things to me and said the guy that hires DJs is outside and his name is Marcus. He's sitting in a Ford Explorer. When I see who it is I know I got it made. I know him personally. We used to work together when I worked on my day job. He later became a supervisor.

He told me he was looking for a DJ to come and play there on Saturday nights in April as he told me he was having the patio done over and putting in a wooden floor. He said he's there on Wednesday nights at 7. He said for me to come by on Wednesday and we can talk. I got it made because not only does he know me but he's looking for a DJ to play house music on Saturday nights. They already have a DJ playing some Hip Hop and R &B on Friday nights. He told me he's not looking for fast money to come in the place. He wants the money to come in slowly. He's looking for 25 and older. He wants to take his time and get the right crowd in the place. He understands it will take some time to get Saturday nights jumping in this place. He's not expecting the DJ to come in and work a miracle right away. One thing goes away and God gives me a blessing somewhere else.

Ah yet another place that will be out of business soon.
Jimmy this place has been there for I know over 5 years because this guy has been there for 5 years. He's talking the right language so the doors don't get closed. He's not in a rush to get the fast money in there. He wants smart money to come in the place. People looking to have a good time, spend their money and not want to tear the place up.

Jimmy you said you're getting ready to retire from DJing soon. So if I get to play there maybe one Saturday you can come and hear me play.

Mix! If you don't mind sharing. Where is a good source or place to get some soulful house music? It's been a while and I want to build up my house collection. Thanks
Trax Source is one place I know of. I've gotten stuff from them when I want the deep undergroundhouse music. Though you would trick me. Not happening. I'm way ahead of you. Stop being so slow and ketchup.

Trax Source is one place I know of. I've gotten stuff from them when I want the deep undergroundhouse music. Though you would trick me. Not happening. I'm way ahead of you. Stop being so slow and ketchup.
Thanks. Trax Source I've used before and I like the sight. I was not trying to trick you. Why would you say that? It was a serious question. I know you play deep house and figured I would ask.

SO ... you make someone suffer through a spoken word event .. probably cough up $10-$20 to go .. have to bring their own food and beverage (concealed in a brown bag) .. and sit in a cramped room listening to people complain about how small it is and how you wanted to get everyone dancing to show off your mixing chops. Sounds like fun ...

Wait for the gig report...
it's gonna be a DOOZY!

Ok, The powers to be can stop this thread anytime so Mix can start a new one.