This is for Mix

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

redhotdj

Its 5 O'clock somewhere
Mar 21, 2008
Richfield Springs n.y.
Last weekend we did Remington Arms company picnic and for those who don't know Remington Arms they make fire arms and ammunition. We were hired to play from 3 pm to 9 pm ya 6 hr. picnic. They had 3 different types of bounce houses, horse shoes, lots of food and lots and lots of beer. At the end of the night they had about 500 people, nice turn out. The day was very nice but real windy. Oh so here comes the part about ( Mix )
Where they were having this at was about 20 minutes from our house. We get there about 1 find our spot very easy unload, got everything hooked up and I just started to slide the main volume control up and I get this ungodly feed back sound. Just 5 days ago I did one of my car cruise shows and everything worked fine. So now I'm like wtf I double check all the connections and start trying to eliminate pieces of my equipment. This set up I use for car shows and stuff like this. It has 4 pieces of equipment in it Mixer, BBE, Amp, Wireless mic setup that's it. I was Guessing it was the amp finally I told my wife I've got to go home and get one of my other boxes, so off I go. I get back about 2:45 hook up the other box and perfect no feed back. Now if this was Mix he would be doing the show for nothing to show off his skills. The rest of the day went great got PAID they told us to take food home with us ( they had a lot of food left ) and said they will call us again for next year Win Win for me.
Sunday I took everything out on the deck. I switched amps still did it, took out the BBE still did it, unhooked the wireless still did it. all I got left is the mixer. Took the mixer out put a different one in NO noise everything was working great. So what I thought was the amp turned out to be the mixer. SOOOOOOO Mix for this 6 hour picnic I got $500.00 now take away that I now have to buy a new mixer and the gas going home to get the other box what did I make. Unlike you I want to make money first and show off my stuff second. Oh and by the way next year I'll bring my subs to even be better.

Last weekend we did Remington Arms company picnic and for those who don't know Remington Arms they make fire arms and ammunition. We were hired to play from 3 pm to 9 pm ya 6 hr. picnic. They had 3 different types of bounce houses, horse shoes, lots of food and lots and lots of beer. At the end of the night they had about 500 people, nice turn out. The day was very nice but real windy. Oh so here comes the part about ( Mix )
Where they were having this at was about 20 minutes from our house. We get there about 1 find our spot very easy unload, got everything hooked up and I just started to slide the main volume control up and I get this ungodly feed back sound. Just 5 days ago I did one of my car cruise shows and everything worked fine. So now I'm like wtf I double check all the connections and start trying to eliminate pieces of my equipment. This set up I use for car shows and stuff like this. It has 4 pieces of equipment in it Mixer, BBE, Amp, Wireless mic setup that's it. I was Guessing it was the amp finally I told my wife I've got to go home and get one of my other boxes, so off I go. I get back about 2:45 hook up the other box and perfect no feed back. Now if this was Mix he would be doing the show for nothing to show off his skills. The rest of the day went great got PAID they told us to take food home with us ( they had a lot of food left ) and said they will call us again for next year Win Win for me.
Sunday I took everything out on the deck. I switched amps still did it, took out the BBE still did it, unhooked the wireless still did it. all I got left is the mixer. Took the mixer out put a different one in NO noise everything was working great. So what I thought was the amp turned out to be the mixer. SOOOOOOO Mix for this 6 hour picnic I got $500.00 now take away that I now have to buy a new mixer and the gas going home to get the other box what did I make. Unlike you I want to make money first and show off my stuff second. Oh and by the way next year I'll bring my subs to even be better.
Why is this thread for me? So next year you're bringing subs to that event. Will you charge more for bringing subs and will they pay more. Where do you get I would have done that event for exposure? So what was your final take home pay after gas and having to buy another mixer? What mixer will you be getting? Depending on the one you pick you could spend more than $500. Glad you made the money you did and they liked you well enough they want you to come back again.

Jimmy my issue would have not been worried about someone shooting just because they make weapons. I suspect there were non there. I did a backyard sweet 16 that was around the corner from where I live. 4 hours and they paid $400. Did another event in the same backyard and that time got paid $450. I did feel bad because both times hardly anyone came. No they didn't get any money back. I just felt bad that's all. It took more time to load up the van then to get there. It took less than 5 minutes to get there.

Mix I said this because you seem to be doing shows for nothing or all you care about is showing off your skills. Now if this was your show and did it for nothing or next to nothing you would of been in the red. Mix I don't have to pay your bills and at time's I wonder how you do? Mix as long as your happy with what you do and how you live then good for you.

Mix I said this because you seem to be doing shows for nothing or all you care about is showing off your skills. Now if this was your show and did it for nothing or next to nothing you would of been in the red. Mix I don't have to pay your bills and at time's I wonder how you do? Mix as long as your happy with what you do and how you live then good for you.
You assume I would have done that event for nothing or next to nothing. You know what they say when you assume things. LOL.

Glad that things went well for you and they want you back next year. Knock them dead next year.