This weekend wasn't fun until today.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
Let me say I had a weekend to forget until today. As some of you know I had a tire blowout on Saturday. Got that issue taken care of by buying 4 new tires on Sunday. Today I took my GF I guess to Micro Center. She bought a cheap tablet that stopped working. My friend said to tell her to stop buying those cheap no name tablets. He said to buy a name brand one like Toshiba, Samsung, Acer or Ipad. Those cheap ones don't last long.

We get there and they even stopped selling that tablet. Good thing she took out the extended warranty. So they would up giving her a store credit. She couldn't make up her mind as to what she wanted use it for. So she said I could use it. I first declined and then I thought about it. She wants to show me how much she cares about me and I should just accept that. So I saw this WD 2 TB external portable HD for $75. So I decided to use the store credit and get that one. It was on sale.

The agreement was for me to use the store credit and add the rest of the money to it. So I took out the 2 year warranty for $9.99. I went to swipe my card and it got declined. I did it again and the same thing. I had to find out that my account got messed up when I bought the tires. I forgot about the payment for the van comes out on the first and that made my account over drawn for over $200. My GF rushed and paid the remaining amount. I had a little money on another card and was planning to use that card. She decided to pay for the whole thing and then told me that's my birthday present. All I could think is WOW! Right after that she goes to Quick Chek and gets $300 out of one of her accounts and loans me the money to help with my account being over drawn.

I thanked her big time and dropped her off. After that my sister helped me out with another $200 so the other bills that automatically are taken out of my account can get paid and I don't have to worry about a bunch of overdraft fees along with the payments. All that today helped to make up for a lousy weekend. At least that put a big smile on my face after a tough weekend. I'll load the HD up later tomorrow with the music on my other potable HD. My birthday is on Thursday June 2nd. If God blesses me to see it I'll be 58.

Stay tuned for another episode of....."As The Macho Turns"...

This is TOTALLY what I was saying to myself even before I got to your post. Thank you.

Today I took my GF I guess to Micro Center.

That was awfully nice of someone that you make sound like your not sure whether she is your girlfriend or not.

I always make sure I have enough funds in my accounts to ensure an accidental overdraft does not occur. If that means I skip making unnecessary purchases, then so be it.

Reactions: PhaseIIPro
Today I took my GF I guess to Micro Center.

That was awfully nice of someone that you make sound like your not sure whether she is your girlfriend or not.

Any girl who's happy just going to Micro Center is a KEEPER. Especially if she's fronting the money for your purchases and willing to go to Quick Chek for you. Mix, I hope you're using the back of that van for more than storing your gear.

There is SO much wrong with that post.

Here's where I'm stumped: Why buy a $10 2-year extended warranty on a $75 hard drive that comes with a 3-year warranty?

1) it's not a good thing that she took out the extended warranty. Do not EVER buy a warranty for $10 on an item that cost $75. You are much better off saving that money so you are not overdrafting your account. BORROWING money to pay for an extended warranty is the worst idea.

This is like buying $10 worth of lottery tickets That have a max payout of $75. This is a huge money maker for the store. The company that underwites that warranty probably charges $1 to the store...if the store doesn't do it themselves.

2) you should be saving some money each month so when unexpected expenses arise, you can pay for them.

3) it's great that you have loved ones that will help you. Be thankful for that. But if you truly love them, this should be an eye opener that what you are doing isn't working. How can you help them when they need it if you are overdrafting your account? You are spending everything that is coming in..and more.
I would monitor your spending, cut back where you can, or add mor income. Do not but any more gear until absolutely necessary.

4) your business should be making enough money to pay for a $75 hard drive when you need it. This is a another clear indication that what you are doing is not working.

Last edited:

I always make sure I have enough funds in my accounts to ensure an accidental overdraft does not occur. If that means I skip making unnecessary purchases, then so be it.
I rushed and bought the tires and forgot about other bills automatically coming out of my account.

Sooo you now have overdraft fees and owe people over $500, still sounds like a horrible weekend
No overdraft fees. With my bank they allow you to deposit enough money to your account within a few days before they assess overdraft fees.

At 57 years old you should not have issues like this, I haven't overdrafted an account since I was 17
Hey... 57 is a mere child.:laugh: ... But I can see how stuff like that happens. I registered my Jeep today, but it was due last month. Somehow I lost APRIL!:laugh: I was just looking for a box of CD's to give my wife to take to work... I know I put that box somewhere!!!:laugh:
There's a lot more of those kinds of stories I could tell, but sometimes ya gotta know when NOT to post it on the forum... MIX!!!:laugh:

Last edited:
Any girl who's happy just going to Micro Center is a KEEPER. Especially if she's fronting the money for your purchases and willing to go to Quick Chek for you. Mix, I hope you're using the back of that van for more than storing your gear.

Here's where I'm stumped: Why buy a $10 2-year extended warranty on a $75 hard drive that comes with a 3-year warranty?
Sorry but my GF has her own apartment where we can do what's on your mind. LOL. That's a great idea. I just may clean out the van and find a secluded spot to get busy with her. That's if us old people can do it without too much pain as we have some serious health issues that causes us pain.

This is like buying $10 worth of lottery tickets That have a max payout of $75. This is a huge money maker for the store. The company that underwites that warranty probably charges $1 to the store...if the store doesn't do it themselves.

I was thinking maybe I could start selling extended warranties I will take that gamble any day :)

No overdraft fees. With my bank they allow you to deposit enough money to your account within a few days before they assess overdraft fees.

Skip the business plan for now work on a life plan

But you had to borrow the money

Hey... 57 is a mere child.:laugh: ... But I can see how stuff like that happens. I registered my Jeep today, but it was due last month. Somehow I lost APRIL!:laugh: I was just looking for a box of CD's to give my wife to take to work... I know I put that box somewhere!!!:laugh:
There's a lot more of those kinds of stories I could tell, but sometimes ya gotta know when NOT to post it on the forum... MIX!!!:laugh:

THANK YOU