Weddings To Ask the Wedding Djs - Do You Use ?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DjDennis

RIP- My Dad (2011), Sister (2013) and Mum (2017)
Reactions: BryanK
Looks pretty cool, but unless the wedding is retro, disco, club themed or something, I don't see it being used in my market. Most...scratch that, ALL of the brides in my market have stuck to chalkboards, old doors/windows, antique mirrors, etc. for stuff they write on. The "rustic" theme is still in full swing in my AO, and I don't see a use for this in the immediate future. Having said that, trends change all the time. I might scoop some up just to have on hand for the next shift in the wedding time-space continuum :cheers:

Yes thats why I asked who out there did use or have seen it used at any stage

I think this would be better used at a restaurant or bar that wants to call attention to their daily specials.
Because of its small size I see no uses as a dj tool.

I think this would be better used at a restaurant or bar that wants to call attention to their daily specials.
Because of its small size I see no uses as a dj tool.

well your you not the 4,000 other djs around might even be 40,000 who knows

but i asked and thats why you dont know what other djs do some could have been using it for years

so dont count it out for any reason - anyone could now try it as it is

i might look at it too.........

Well, for a dj I think if you wanted to display something similar to the images above, you would do it with an animated laser projected on a wall, not on a lighted bar/restaurant display which I believe is the intended market for that product.

A) It's too small to be noticed unless it was used only in a front foyer entrance way.

B) Unless you are a gifted artist and have great penmanship, anything you write is gonna look like $hit especially when
lit up.

C) It looks low class and cheesy imo if you use it at a wedding.

Reactions: MIXMASTERMACHOM
you never know I have seen some close to me use them so to me its cheesy

but hey its what its used for that counts

Anything can be the right thing or the wrong thing .. depends on the crowd.

Ok then so what software do you use ? - keep us all informed

Ok then so what software do you use ? - keep us all informed
Not sure if you are asking me but here goes:

For the monogram I use a free monogram builder on this web site and make sure I create it as a png file (gif is just as good - not sure if it does gif) with transparent background. Here is the site:
Free Wedding Monogram Maker By DesignMantic.com

You could then just get away with using the created monogram png file directly in Virtual DJ's powerful video engine to overlay the graphic on any video on the fly. VDJ 8.2 is my VJ weapon of choice because no other software compares for video work vs simplicity and yes I also have the full version of (Yuck) Serato DJ as I am strictly a PC user. Don't get me started on my experiences with Mac (really only because I started on PC in the early eighties and know it so well so I am firmly entrenched)

I choose to go one step further though and use a video editing program to create a video file by overlaying the monogram over-top an HD background video loop (in my case I am currently using SONY Vegas Movie Studio Platinum 13.0 as the flavour of the day to do the dirty work). Vegas Movie plays well with Windows 10 - older video editors do not I am finding. I tend to work with mp4 files only because that is the same as the vast majority of my music video files I employ. I could work with any video file type though (Yes, even *.mov). I have also used many many others video editors like Adobe Premiere as well to superimpose the graphic on a looping HD video of my choosing - my above example I simply used a flowers falling loop for the background. I then make the vid about 5 minutes long (this is arbitrary as I will then loop this in my VDJ 8.2 app onscreen). Where you do the looping to make it run as long as you want is your choice. It's really just a balance of file size and convenience....

As an example, here is an example I quickly ripped up just now. Instead of using a monogram I simply converted a well known and accessible graphic from the web (Best watched in HD):

In the above quickie example I scooped a 10 second looping star-field loop from here:
View: https://youtu.be/ci3Gwi2cNh0

(note: there are many web sites that allow you to capture download freely available HD vid clips. I have had good luck with this site: YouTube to MP4 & MP3 Converter and Video Download )

I then got the Spock graphic from a place like here (same drill - right click the image and "save as"):
Download DJ Spock Wallpaper - Wallpapers Printed

I did an extra step here to convert the black background to transparent so you can see the star-field behind the image when it is superimposed on the video. In this case I used Paint.net which is an open source (completely free) image editor that is almost as powerful as photoshop. I love it. You can get that here:
Paint.NET - Free Software for Digital Photo Editing

Once that was done and the image was saved as a transparent background png file. I then went to the video editing software and there it is - took about 10 minutes including fiddling and adding text to the bottom....

Hope this helps?

Last edited:
ALL of the brides in my market have stuck to chalkboards, old doors/windows, antique mirrors, etc. for stuff they write on. The "rustic" theme is still in full swing in my AO, and I don't see a use for this in the immediate future.

I am seeing a huge love for the "rustic" look these days, too.
Every gig I see something unique and original. Which is a good thing, for sure.
Besides, these might work for a party,
but for a wedding...they are a little to "Chinese Import" magazine order.