Trying something that might work.... different, at least.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Papa Deuce

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 8, 2006
Valley Forge Area
Trying an out of the box thing here in hopes of making new friends and gaining clients for my DJ business. It was only $36 for six months, so even if neither of those goals are met, it doesn't break the bank. Now, as I have been told, you should not directly market yourself / events on meetup, but gain from social networking in a non high pressure way.

http://www.meetup.com/Collegeville-Fun-Folks/

Maybe you can give it a shot too..... and no, I don't get paid for referrals. Just putting it out there. I don't know if this is available in Canada....

OK, to follow up, I went to a meetup last night - someone else', not mine, and was asked what I do. The guy in charge took my card and said I will call you for the next time we need a DJ and if you do a good job, you can have all of our events, which are 4 - 5 per year. I also learned that my DJ company can sponsor my own meetup group, and that will be info for all my members to see. My meetup group went "live" yesterday, and I have 3 members so far, without even having done an actual meetup yet. Oh, and the guy who said I can DJ, runs a meetup group of 1200+ members, all 40+ in age, and all singles...... that is SO UP MY ALLEY as far as what I enjoy DJing.