Venting...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
The opportunity to become friends is most assuredly present but without non-virtual human interaction, you are at least diluting, and I contend bastardizing the important tenet of friendship.
I can the see the point you are making, and it is a very valid point, but everyone here probably looks at "friendship" differently , and for some, maybe they can be "friends" with people they have never met in person, and I guess you could say they may look at it as different level's of friendship.

I can the see the point you are making, and it is a very valid point, but everyone here probably looks at "friendship" differently , and for some, maybe they can be "friends" with people they have never met in person, and I guess you could say they may look at it as different level's of friendship.

Exactly, to some degree, everyone has their own definitions of things. If wifedj could never possibly entertain the idea of a friendship across the vast interwebs, that's his prerogative, and should be respected. By the same token, everyone else's idea of what defines a friendship, is equally valid and should be equally respected.

Last edited:
Exactly, to some degree, everyone has their own definitions of things. If wifedj could never possibly entertain the idea of a friendship across the vast interwebs, that's his prerogative, and should be respected. By the same token, everyone else's idea of what defines a friendship, is equally valid and should be equally respected.
Exactly right.

Reactions: ittigger
How many times do you have to meet in person before you can be REAL friends??? Is there sucha thing as friends-at-first-sight? I have not seen the official rules on this topic.:nod: If you were non-virtual friends with someone 30 years ago, but haven't seen them since, does the friendship expire? If you communicate with that same person online now, does it nullify the friendship? Should I quit sending them Christmas cards? SO many rules...:laugh:

I've talked on the phone to some here (JT, Canute, Ray) .. caught up with others outside of this forum (Mike, Hank, Dan) .. met others at shows (Cap and a few from Sid's board), PMed with countless users, driven with one (John) .. and went to visit another who was getting his Celt on (Mike). I can tell whom I would be friends with in real life and I extend that here .. I guess friend until proven not would be my motto.

Heck .. people get engaged to be married before actually meeting .. I think we're OK being ODJT friends.
"People" behave with innumerable abhorrence, you are free to endorse as your character dictates. If your standards are equivalent to the foolish, ignorant, asinine behavior of morons...your standards are hereby noted.

I guess friend until proven not would be my motto.
A motto you may embrace at your peril.

...the people I think of on here as friends in the following way, If I was in your area for some reason, I would be happy to meet up with you in person and converse over a cold beverage
Absolutely, but that would be the first step in friendship, and I have done no less but that is NOT the establishment of a friend.

...If your standards are equivalent to the foolish, ignorant, asinine behavior of morons...
Well... I'd say my standards are only ROUGHLY equivalent[emoji2], but fortunately, so are all my friend's standards! [emoji1] I consider one DJ on this site to be one of my closest friends in the world, and that's Chuck The DJ... Too bad Chuck hates my guts with the passion of a horny sailor..[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your standards are equivalent to the foolish, ignorant, asinine behavior of morons...your standards are hereby noted.

Because you mention the word 'standard', that must mean there is an official group that we can get a ruling and guideline for who is or is not qualified as a 'moron'. If this is your own definition, then again, we each have our own definition as well as standards.

Reactions: SEDJ
I got something to vent about, one of my Inno Pocket Scans went pop and no longer worked, ( it was not the fuse) , anyways, its back at ADJ HQ, and I hope I dont have to fight over getting it covered under warranty.

End of my venting.

I got something to vent about, one of my Inno Pocket Scans went pop and no longer worked, ( it was not the fuse) , anyways, its back at ADJ HQ, and I hope I dont have to fight over getting it covered under warranty.

End of my venting.

Are you trying to derail our thread? See, this is why you have no friends here. ;)

End of my venting.
My... but how you DO go on....[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ittigger
"People" behave with innumerable abhorrence, you are free to endorse as your character dictates. If your standards are equivalent to the foolish, ignorant, asinine behavior of morons...your standards are hereby noted.

I didn't realize considering someone a friend online was an abhorrent behavior .. I can only imagine what you think of of other, more serious, things. Luckily, I don't put any credence into feedback that is opinionated and condescending.

But I'll still treat you as a friend .. I'm like that.

In Bobby's World, you may think you do - in reality, you have no idea. If we are to base a person on what's posted here, I'm pretty sure that a majority will agree that you have not painted a nice picture of yourself via the 'thoughts' that you have 'expressed' as well as your chosen paths for communication and interaction skills.

According to you, it's impossible to create, build and maintain friendships online. If that's the case, then it will be impossible for you to know any of my thoughts, much less anything else.

I can speak for myself, and my own reality. In any given thread, you'd appear less needy to me if you spoke to the actual subject instead of measuring and reacting to the level of emotional acceptance.

I did not come here to befriend you. I make no claim about what your intention is - only the behavior you display. I'm not responsible for what is possible nor whatever frustration you encounter when those intentions go unmet. I don't need you to like me, it's not necessary to befriend each other, and that's not the purpose of this site, YMMV.

I can speak for myself, and my own reality. In any given thread, you'd appear less needy to me if you spoke to the actual subject instead of measuring and reacting to the level of emotional acceptance.

I did not come here to befriend you. I make no claim about what your intention is - only the behavior you display. I'm not responsible for what is possible nor whatever frustration you encounter when those intentions go unmet. I don't need you to like me, it's not necessary to befriend each other, and that's not the purpose of this site. All I demand is that you worship my greatness!

There, fixed that for you, Bob Almighty.