Wal-mart Canada Showdown With Visa

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I rarely return to a place that's not convenient about how I pay them.
My lawn guy and exterminator have been replaced because they don't take credit cards.

If you only take 1 credit card, you aren't any help to me.

I don't want to bother to write out a check.

Took some friends to a good little restaurant for lunch yesterday. home style cooking. When I went to pay, they didn't accept credit cards. I had to walk down the street and get cash. The lady said, "Sorry, but I do put signs up all over the place saying we don't take credit cards. I asked her, "Why do you have to put signs up all over?" She said, "Because no one reads them and everyone wants to pay with a credit card.". I replied, "So if the signs work, customers go somewhere else. If they don't work, people get angry."

Simply not a place I'll go back to.
I had a local pizza place like that. Really good food. Great service too but cash only. I probably stop in this place once a week for a slice or two but always paid cash. I didn't realize it was cash only until I went to pay for dinner for 4 once and felt like an idiot. In their defense the guy had a sign by the cash register. I hadn't seen it. Luckily it was one of the few times I actually had a checkbook with me but he wouldn't take a check either. My bank is literally right around the corner it was just after business hours.

The owner sees me once a week or so you would think he would make an exception to the no check policy. I went to the ATM got cash came back told him you just lost a customer. You see me at least once a week and couldn't take a check? Anyway I now walk past his shop on my way to the Chinese place next door and recently seen he has a now accepting credit cards sign.

Guess he finally got tired of losing business. Today plastic is the rule rather than the exception. There's a lot of plastic only people. Anything over $20 or so usually goes on one of my cash back cards.

Reactions: Scott Hanna