Weddings Wedding Wire Now Uses Credits

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

jokerswild

Chief Bottle Washer
Feb 11, 2007
Elkhart, IN
www.totalimpactdjs.com
I just got a new lead from wedding wire dot com and before I could get the details other than City/State/Budget I had to use 3 credits to get the full lead.

So far the lead seems viable as I have been in contact directly with the potential client.... they also give you their email and phone number information in the lead.

Anybody else experience this yet?

I now have more than a dozen "leads" from weddingwire...
and not ONE of them was anywhere near my hometown.
I am listed as Philadelphia
(because that is the closest city on their list)
so I keep getting leads for gigs that are 2, 3 or 4 hours away.
I have responded to a few that were actually "do-able" for me
and offered a pretty darn good price
and have not gotten ONE return.
the new "credit system" means I am declining more of their leads than ever!

I know the feeling. I am in Valley Forge - 25 miles west of CC Philly - and they send me "leads" for Rhode Island, and once, Virginia. :sqerr:

I even called them and talked to one of their reps...
she told me I should change my profile to be more specific.
so I did
and it didn't help!

I am listed as Philadelphia
(because that is the closest city on their list)
so I keep getting leads for gigs that are 2, 3 or 4 hours away.
I have responded to a few that were actually "do-able" for me
and offered a pretty darn good price
and have not gotten ONE return.
the new "credit system" means I am declining more of their leads than ever!

I have the same problem with leads from wedding wire... however, more and more I am being contacted by clients that saw us there but used my website to make contact.... see I put an exit link on my storefront for them to use. It works.

Wedding Wire is a joke.......they don't even show up in searches in our area!

Some may have better luck... "you're mileage may vary," as they say.

Right now I am in communications with a potential client that made contact through wedding wire first and now we are working outside of wedding wire.... of course I did use 3 of my credits to get the lead but if I book it will be worth it.

This lead is looking pretty decent.... I just got off the phone with her as she was having trouble logging into my system.

While on the phone I found out that at least one DJ tried calling her like 10 times durring the Thanksgiving weekend and that she was very glad that I basically just contacted her as a response to her contacting me.

I told her that it's not my style to hound a client. I prefer to allow them to ask for the information then when they have questions to simply contact me and I will gladly help them out just as I did this evening with her.

I then told her to take a look around and if she has any questions to feel free to contact me... as it was she did have some very basic questions which I gladly took the time to answer while on the phone with her.

She contacted me in the first place because of all the great reviews I have on Wedding Wire.

Guys I'm telling you this is a great tool.... and even if I don't book this one I get a lot of others that start at that site and usually just come directly to mine. Plus you can't beat the effect of having those reviews online for potentials to read for themselves. I find it much more effective and frankly believable if they find these things on a third party site rather than my site... to me reviews on a business site come accross as contrived if not totally made up.

I find that they send us leads but the price is usually way under what we charge.

I get those too... I still send a quote and let the chips fall where they may...

You just never know where that next viable lead is going to come from... and I try to grab whatever comes my way. Of course a good rating on sites such as this is crucial to getting good leads versus tire kickers.

Plus you can't beat the effect of having those reviews online for potentials to read for themselves..

You said it! Wedding Wire is a gold mine for me because of my reviews. I have 37 posted there and I have had a lot of opening conversations with brides that start out "So I was reading your awesome reviews online and wanted to know more about your services".

Wedding Wire DOES have quit a bit of publicity despite the search engine traffic. PLUS, after partnering with Martha Stewart, you get your listing on MarthaStewart.com. Imagine that advertising board of directors!

Don't be misguided, Wedding Wire is one of the better sites out there.