Were they using Vocopro Microphones during the debate?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
I noticed while watching the debate tonight that the wireless microphones they were using looked very similar to my Vocopro UHF 3205 series mics. ...I would be surprised in the least to find out they are using Vocopros that only cost a few hundred bucks at a presidential debate. It could be that they covered up the company name, and the transmitter frequency note at the bottom with black so there is no logo being shown.

If you recognize the brand/model of the mic in the pic, please post what you think it is.

Vocopro at debate.jpg

Here is a pic of one of my vocopro mics.
Vocopro.jpg

I didn't watch much of the debate I was watching the ball game but I noticed the mics too. I actually thought they were Sennheiser's but I could be wrong

Reactions: sonic-vision
I don't think they were Sennheisers ONLY because the cylindrical part at the bottom was very cylindrical like the voco pros are. The Sennheisers have that cornered/edged look to them at the bottom.

Last edited:
That Shure is a Sweet Microphone. I also like how it operated in the 470 MHz to 530 MHz range.

I wonder if Shure will end up selling more of these Microphones now that Trump used them in the debate? :nod:

That Shure is a Sweet Microphone. I also like how it operated in the 470 MHz to 530 MHz range.

I wonder if Shure will end up selling more of these Microphones now that Trump used them in the debate? :nod:
They are pretty standard in the commercial rental market.

I'm guessing that someone at one time tried to get by with cheaper mics. They may have even gotten lucky and succeeded a few times. But then the one time they had issues, the person got fired and they learned to never skimp on the wireless mics again.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I'm guessing that someone at one time tried to get by with cheaper mics. They may have even gotten lucky and succeeded a few times. But then the one time they had issues, the person got fired and they learned to never skimp on the wireless mics again.

The best deployment I've seen of cheap mic hardware was with a touring girl group. It's common for these acts to tour the city event market as a track act on their way up the ladder to fame and fortune.

Each of the four girls had a good quality professional brand variable frequency mic. This allowed them to be compatible with concert hall receivers and clubs they might turn up at. For the event circuit their producer traveled with a cheap (Nady??) fixed 4 channel receiver which included a mix output so all four mics could be output to a single feed.

It worked like a charm every time I crossed paths with them, which tends to point at mic issues being more about the quality of the transmitting end than the receiver. It makes sense since even a cheap radio sounds great when you tune into a 5oMegawatt station. :)

I was far too busy, laughing at how Hillary was getting her backside waxed, to notice what wireless mic they were using.
Yea but she is leading in the poles because this clown Trump doesn't know how to choose his words wisely and keeps pissing everyone of including the media. If that clown gets in get ready for world war III.

Yea but she is leading in the poles because this clown Trump doesn't know how to choose his words wisely and keeps pissing everyone of including the media. If that clown gets in get ready for world war III.

Don't trust the polls. I think it will be a close race this year. It's going to come down to Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania this election. Ohio will likely go for Trump. In PA, last election, Obama only beat Romney by 1.3%. Florida was also only down to only a .9% difference between Obama and Romney. If Trump can muster up a win in those two states he will take the white house.

Most of the other states are pretty much set in stone at this point except maybe Nevada, but that is only 6 electoral votes. Colorado is another close state, but they are certainly leaning for Clinton. North Carolina I believe will vote Republican this time around, although the media is trying to write them off as a Clinton state.

I hope she doesn't but I'm pretty sure Hillary is going to win the electoral college voting, I think trump will get the most votes in the general election, but it won't matter at this point I am about 97% sure that all elections are just a show for the general population to feel good thinking they have a choice, the outcome of this was probably decided long ago, this is just the reality show for the public

Reactions: ittigger and SEDJ
I hope she doesn't but I'm pretty sure Hillary is going to win the electoral college voting, I think trump will get the most votes in the general election, but it won't matter at this point I am about 97% sure that all elections are just a show for the general population to feel good thinking they have a choice, the outcome of this was probably decided long ago, this is just the reality show for the public
Pretty much this, I too have think its all just a show for the public.

Reactions: ittigger

Well...That hasn't happened since 1836. It only occurred with one state in 1836. It happened in Virginia when electing the vice president...not the president.

Generally speaking, nearly 100% of the time, the electoral college members vote for whoever the popular candidate was in their state during general voting. If any states electoral college do not vote as the people voted, then Donald will say the whole thing was rigged, and there would be a huge back lash.

Instead, what is more likely to happen is somehow a bunch of dead people, or illegals who some how were able to vote end up voting democrat in various states. ...Such as what just happened in Cleveland during the primaries...somehow some guy managed to cast at least 19 votes from people who are dead for Clinton...hmmm...strange.

If the election is THAT CLOSE where it's coming down to hundreds or a couple thousand votes in swing states then I am sure there will be recounts, and we won't know who the next president is for weeks.

The closest election ever in history was Bush Vs. Gore in 2000. ...Gore coincidentally WON the popular vote country wide by about 500.000 votes. BUT, The electoral college votes are not EXACTLY tied to the population in each state...therefore, with the states Bush won, he ended up with more electoral college votes than Gore. He literally won Florida by 534 total votes which gave him the edge to win 271-266 electoral votes.

Had the election been strictly by popular vote, Gore would have been the president for likely next 8 years...we would have had democrats in the white house for 24 years straight...WOW!