what to do about a little slander

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
All your scenarios have the same theme - us versus them, keeping score, etc. It's your personal preference to read a diametric motive into everything people say and do. Lose the scoreboard - there's only one team on the field.

You used to be pretty good at diversion. Here lately, you just suck at it.

You used to be pretty good at diversion. Here lately, you just suck at it.

So, instead of listening to what I'm actually saying you presume I have a diametric motive to divert you from something?
How likely is it that some of your customers experience this same oppositional tendency?
Would such a customer want to talk with you or prefer to post their complaint online?

Last edited:
I want to back-peddle because you sound incoherent.

Right, good one.

So, instead of listening to what I'm actually saying you presume I have a diametric motive to divert you from something?
How likely is it that some of your customers experience this same oppositional tendency?
Would such a customer want to talk with you or prefer to post their complaint online?

Bob, you turn everyone away from what you're saying - this isn't new and has been brought up before.

Reactions: SEDJ
Okay, I waited four pages...now I will speak my mind.
This is not an attack. This is merely how things appear from my perspective.

Rick, you ALWAYS seem to have an issue with your clients. They are all a PITA. Even before the gig has started.
Sometimes before you've even met them!
I simply cannot believe that one DJ can end up with ALL of the overly demanding brides.
And if, by fate, you DO end up with all the bad ones, I cannot believe you haven't found a better way to handle them.
It seems as if you avoid actually talking to them. Rather, you leave all communications in the hands of technology.
We all know how the true meaning something TYPED cannot be misunderstood.
You ARE in a business that is based upon communication...why not pick up the phone when there is a problem?

Pro, you ALWAYS seem to have sunny skies and smooth sailing.
I simply cannot believe that a DJ can either NEVER have an annoying client, or NEVER have a bad gig.
If you have so much success, why do you never share any of the those ACTUAL experiences with the rest of us?
You truly enjoy telling others why they made a mistake, and how they could have avoided/handled it.
It's easy to be a Monday Morning Quarterback and play, "See, I told you so"...
so why not lead by example, and give us a gig log of some of your successes?

Am I perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Even MY imagination.
But I am really good at dealing with clients, and people in general. I've done it pretty much every day of my career.
They're not always happy, easily satisfied, or a pleasure to work with.
But in the end, if I don't get my way, I make sure that my concerns are heard and understood.
If they don't get their way, I make sure that they know they made smart decision for the success of the final outcome.

Okay, I waited four pages...now I will speak my mind.
This is not an attack. This is merely how things appear from my perspective.

Rick, you ALWAYS seem to have an issue with your clients. They are all a PITA. Even before the gig has started.
Sometimes before you've even met them!
I simply cannot believe that one DJ can end up with ALL of the overly demanding brides.
And if, by fate, you DO end up with all the bad ones, I cannot believe you haven't found a better way to handle them.
It seems as if you avoid actually talking to them. Rather, you leave all communications in the hands of technology.
We all know how the true meaning something TYPED cannot be misunderstood.
You ARE in a business that is based upon communication...why not pick up the phone when there is a problem?

Pro, you ALWAYS seem to have sunny skies and smooth sailing.
I simply cannot believe that a DJ can either NEVER have an annoying client, or NEVER have a bad gig.
If you have so much success, why do you never share any of the those ACTUAL experiences with the rest of us?
You truly enjoy telling others why they made a mistake, and how they could have avoided/handled it.
It's easy to be a Monday Morning Quarterback and play, "See, I told you so"...
so why not lead by example, and give us a gig log of some of your successes?

Am I perfect? Not by any stretch of the imagination. Even MY imagination.
But I am really good at dealing with clients, and people in general. I've done it pretty much every day of my career.
They're not always happy, easily satisfied, or a pleasure to work with.
But in the end, if I don't get my way, I make sure that my concerns are heard and understood.
If they don't get their way, I make sure that they know they made smart decision for the success of the final outcome.

That .. and you've worn a kilt .. that's got to sway a few of them ..

Reactions: ittigger and Ausumm
Reactions: ittigger

They're not ALL a PITA. You only hear about the ones who are. The vast majority of my clients, just like everyone else here, are good, decent people and a joy to work with.

They're not ALL a PITA. You only hear about the ones who are. The vast majority of my clients, just like everyone else here, are good, decent people and a joy to work with.

Then you should share more positive stories...

Reactions: ittigger
Then you should share more positive stories...

I'm sorry but reading post after post about how great everything went and how happy everybody was is, how can I say it? Boring as crap. The PITA accounts are much more entertaining, encourage much more interaction and banter and frankly, I think we learn more in this setting by talking about things that went wrong and how we handled them. Feel free to share whatever stories you wish but as far as preaching to me about what I should post, don't.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I'm sorry but reading post after post about how great everything went and how happy everybody was is, how can I say it? Boring as crap. The PITA accounts are much more entertaining, encourage much more interaction and banter and frankly, I think we learn more in this setting by talking about things that went wrong and how we handled them. Feel free to share whatever stories you wish but as far as preaching to me about what I should post, don't.
I like your stories, Rick... keep postin' 'em! [emoji4]
I'm fortunate, having only positive experiences so far, but that should be expected considering most all my clients were former customers from my IT days, or friends of former customers. As an IT guy, I realized many years ago that service was more important than technology, and trained my staff accordingly. I had a policy that employees were not allowed to say "no" to any customer... if we could not do what the customer asked, they would have to come to me and I would be the one to say no. I can count on one hand the number of times in about 35 years that I ever had to actually say no. There is almost always a way to accommodate a customer's request to their satisfaction. I've carried that same philosophy to my DJ business. Customer service is an art, IMHO... an art that is rarely taught.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think we all have good and bad experiences that we could all share (and this occurs with every aspect of life). Rick could be partially right, the good stories, we will read and that's about it. No popcorn. That said, when one does post nothing but PITA events, it does tilt the glass and make it look like you only have PITA events (speaking in general, not pointing the finger at you Rick).

There are plenty of posts here where nothing crazy happened - I read all those too. The crazy ones just seem to draw more conversation.

Reactions: Ausumm

Not preaching, not at all.
And I don't want you to to stop posting ANY stories.
Cuz the PITA clients DO make for better entertainment.
Just hoping to hear the bad AND the good!