Who else is doing a Halloween gig tonight?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Jeff Romard

Administrator
Staff member
ODJT Supporter
Sep 4, 2006
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I'm doing one about 50 miles out of town. Small crowd so far

I did a Halloween party last night in the club house of a Luxury Apartment Complex in Baltimore! They had my name plastured on flyers all over the building which was cool. I brought my low lying fog machine. It worked great, and the smoke alarms never went off which was a huge plus on my end. I tried to use the machine just enough to not overdo it with fog in the room. I also had them prop open a door during the whole gig. We had about 100 residents show up, and they brought their dogs dressed in costumes. We had a Doggie Costume Contest. Great property manager. She told me if I need any reviews written online, let her know and she would be happy to post a great review which was nice of her.

Here is a pic I took of the lights and fog.

Halloween Party Set up with lights and fog.jpg

No gig this year. I have a friend that has a family get together every Halloween. I picked up my nephew and his girlfriend since they never get to go to parties. And I decided to bring in one speaker and my ipad with halloween music on it. The music added something that had been missing previous years. By the time I was ready to leave there were about 5 tween girls with their smart phones wanting to request songs!

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I worked a Bat Mitzvah with my Jewish-DJ friend. He was the DJ/MC on this account. I and my son provided uplighting, a screen/projector and ran Photobooth. We normally do a 3-screen setup and run Live-Pics. When I arrived, the owner had a cow about the size of the setup so I consulted with the mom and she gave permission to cut it down to a single screen, which fit the room a lot better. The client requested I play Count Dracula all night with the exception of the slideshow (movie file). Used house sound (which was underwhelming).

12182722_10153070692252307_8367542816446030925_o.jpg

did one in a backyard, 7-10, moslty 12 year old girls and their parents. Mom did a killer job decorating - 20x40 tents, catered food (ribs, pulled pork,etc), beer, rum, wine too.
Ground covered in straw, pupkins, hay bales, decorated tables, lanterns.
Did start to rain about 9pm but it was light and came and went.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
did one in a backyard, 7-10, moslty 12 year old girls... catered food (ribs, pulled pork,etc), beer, rum, wine too...
Betcha those girls had a good time... what with the beer, rum, and wine... [emoji3] I wish someone would have thrown those kinds of Halloween parties when I was 12 years old...[emoji3]. We usually just had punch!!![emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I did a Halloween party at the yacht club on Friday and a wedding on Saturday. I was a flying monkey from the wizard of Oz at the party image.jpegimage.jpegI was

At a quick glance the guy on the Left in the top pic looks a whole lot like one of my DJ's

Reactions: robare99