Weddings Wow...creating your own personal wedding planner is quite tedious.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJMN

New DJ
Feb 6, 2007
Northern Minnesota
So just taking a break because typing one up takes a little time.

I've got a basic planner created...but it needs some serious tweaking in the next few days.

And then..it's onto the next project. And this is making a current popular playlist of our top 150 played songs. Well..I guess that shouldn't be so horrible..but still, it has to be done.

I just got done getting my packages figured out.

I have been working on projects pretty steady since the end of January. And it finally looks like my list has gone from a ream of papers, to a post it note.

It has been super stressful along the way for sure. But the end results will definitely be worth it.

I've got a basic planner created...but it needs some serious tweaking in the next few days.

And then..it's onto the next project. And this is making a current popular playlist of our top 150 played songs. Well..I guess that shouldn't be so horrible..but still, it has to be done. Mobile Beat top 200

I have been working on projects pretty steady since the end of January. And it finally looks like my list has gone from a ream of papers, to a post it note.

It has been super stressful along the way for sure. But the end results will definitely be worth it.
Why would this be so stressful??

If you used something like DJEP, DJIntelligence or Gigbuilder you wouldn't have to go to all that trouble.... just put it up on your website.. oops that's right you don't have one... LOL

And then..it's onto the next project. And this is making a current popular playlist of our top 150 played songs. Well..I guess that shouldn't be so horrible..but still, it has to be done.

If you used something like VDJ you could create a filter that would list the Top XXX songs you've played..

See above in blue..... :sqwink:

I disagree Mobile Beat is the national average they put some serious thought into that list. You want an example of what going on at weddings, not a list of what you think you should play.

My print package is about 25 pages. The info should be on ODJT somewhere I posted in a thread about this same subject. Maybe do a search.

I also use gigbuilder.

I disagree Mobile Beat is the national average they put some serious thought into that list. You want an example of what going on at weddings, not a list of what you think you should play.

My print package is about 25 pages. The info should be on ODJT somewhere I posted in a thread about this same subject. Maybe do a search.

I also use gigbuilder.

This list is what I have been playing at most of my weddings. It will do me just fine.

The list is a reference but it's not by any means the 'end all' of what I play. I actually prefer to NOT play what's on the top 200. ;)

But hey, maybe that's just me.

I've already have a good general idea what is hot and what is not.

It doesn't take a lot of common sense to figure it out.

I just wish I could put some of my favorite songs on that list! Raise Up is definitely not a song I would typically play at a wedding..lol.

I had about 85% of my current planner in place before I had ever done a single gig as a wedding dj just based on internet research, and the other 15% are the small additions, tweaks, etc. I have had to make as I went and as I learned.

If you're just going into making a comprehensive planner now having the wedding experience you have, it *shouldn't* be that big a deal. :sqcool:

I had about 85% of my current planner in place before I had ever done a single gig as a wedding dj just based on internet research, and the other 15% are the small additions, tweaks, etc. I have had to make as I went and as I learned.

If you're just going into making a comprehensive planner now having the wedding experience you have, it *shouldn't* be that big a deal. :sqcool:

Point taken...dually noted! :sqbiggrin:

hey you got some serious Cred with Madness doing that gig for folks who know you. See if you can ride the wave.

I made one up 20x years ago and just change dates for it to run its course

easy when you have been doing it long enough