Yes or No

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Performance, they had no room for me because of getting 25 more people than planed. The point is she didn't care about me.
Oh I'm sorry now I get it. Since 25 more people were added to the guest list that's the reason you weren't given enough room. That clears things for me. Since 25 more people were added to the guest list, did you see a better option for your setup at this venue? All I see from what you're telling us is this venue manager was looking at making their client happy and not totally disregarding you unless there truly was a better option for your setup. This happened here once. So if the 25 guest weren't added would you have had enough room then? I suspect that if you go and do this event in February the same thing won't happen where more people are added to the guest list a few days before the event.

What I like to do when it's close enough and I have enough time to do so is to go to the venue and introduce myself before the actual event date and check things out for myself to see what is needed for the event, what room will we actually be in and for the manager to get to meet me in person so when I get there the day of they already know who I am. That way there are no surprises the day of. I did my best friends niece wedding that was in PA and I took it upon myself along with my then partner to visit the venue even though I live in Jersey to see what we were up against. Very small room in the back of a fire house. So all was needed was 2 tops and one sub that got placed under the table because there just was no room anywhere else to put it. I didn't bring 2 of the Yamaha subs because it was not needed besides not having enough room for 2.

Another thing I just thought of is what is the actual capacity for this room and was adding 25 more people exceeding that capacity? If that is the case then the venue was in violation of a safety code and could have been fined if it was found out that they did this. Sometimes the greed gets in the way and they take a chance on doing such a thing to make more money, more money and more money.

Last edited:
Mix like I said before if i was in touch with the venue weeks or days before it wouldn't of matter. This place is not big and when they got more Guest at last minute they had to put more tables to accommodate them. My point is if the venue manger had said sorry for the inconvenience that would of been fine but no she said that's your spot deal with it. There is only 1 spot for entertainment to set up in this place. If they didn't have the extra people things would of been fine. I don't think you guys understand they had to put tables on the dance floor it's a rectangular room head table at the far end Me at the other it was basically a room full of tables. DEAL WITH IT would you like someone telling you that. I did my job got paid and I don't think ill go back there again just because of the manger.

Last edited:
Mix like I said before if i was in touch with the venue weeks or days before it wouldn't of matter. This place is not big and when they got more Guest at last minute they had to put more tables to accommodate them. My point is if the venue manger had said sorry for the inconvenience that would of been fine but no she said that's your spot deal with it. There is only 1 spot for entertainment to set up in this place. If they didn't have the extra people things would of been fine. I don't think you guys understand they had to put tables on the dance floor it's a rectangular room head table at the far end Me at the other it was basically a room full of tables. DEAL WITH IT would you like someone telling you that. I did my job got paid and I don't think ill go back there again just because of the manger.
I got you. I just wonder if you went back there again would the same thing happen again? What did you say to the manager when you found out how things were to be in this venue? You never said a thing about that. You just mentioned what she said. Basically how did you react when you first found this out? I still stand by what I said. When it's an opportunity for me to do a site visit I do so. Even though you going there wouldn't have changed the setup, it might have made things a bit smoother between you and the manager. Do you have any pictures you can show us?

Just my $0.02
If you hadn't made any prior contact with the venue, she cared at least as much as you did. :)

FYI:
We depend on the goodwill of other people and businesses to to do what we do. Never make the mistake of believing by virtue of your client you are entitled to the attention, care, time, or resources of other people or vendors. Be courteous and ask. Be grateful and say thank you. It's that easy.

You mean like when a videographer expects to plug in and get sound from a DJ without prior consultation? ;)

Reactions: DJ TJ