Weddings Yet Another Prospective Wedding Client Asked to See Me in Action

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Well once I had a drunk purposely knock down my light stand and smash $400 in lights so I fixed it by putting him in a wrist lock taking out his wallet and removing the $130.00 in cash that he had.
So do I get the job?:squiggling:
Thanks! Now I understand...
Event: Wedding Reception

Contractor: Bride

History: During meetings Bride & Groom warned me about little bro and specifically asked that no one be allowed make any impromptu toasts and by all means that he be prohibited from embarrassing them by attempting to repeat past wedding catastrophes when given a microphone.

Situation: Groom's Brother, a raging drunk, demanded the mic to make a toast.

I politely told him that his brother and his sister in law did not want anyone toasting and that I could not allow him to use my equipment. As he is reaching for the mixer, to create a distraction or impose his drunken will, I grabbed his hand and told him, with strict tones this time, to keep his hands off my property. With his other hand he took a swing. Drunks have horrible aim and one of the other groom's men grabbed him and pulled him away.

I had no intention of retaliating with violence but I would have disrupted the groom's enjoyment of the celebration by calling him to the stage and demanding that either him, his Father, or anyone other than me, remove the drunk or I would be required to enforce the terms of the contract that address such circumstances and discontinue my performance.

In this case, it was handled by the Groom's father who had someone take him out of the reception. Both the Father and the Groom could not apologize enough. Too bad they don't demand better behavior from Brother Lush.

The party went on with out any additional disruption.

Without the contractual agreement, I would have been in a precarious position to enforce any protective action.

So I would tell the inquisitive individual about that.

P.S> Anyone else sensing a theme to the causation of "Not going as planned."

I would love to have you see me perform live, however my only option would be to invite you to a weekly club gig I perform at. This would be in no way representative of what you would receive for a wedding as the 2 are totally different. While I am sure that no more would you wish me to open your private event to a prospective client, I could also not open up anothers private event for your review. I do encourage you to meet with me in person, taking some time going over my wedding planner with me, you will see from the well thought out questions on my planner, that this isnt my first rodeo. I will also provide an extensive list of former clients and their mothers who have all graciously offered to provide references, and I certainly hope that after I do your wedding, you will also offer to join this happy group of clients. What day is good for you to meet with me?

Uh...No..

I do not encourage guests wanting to *check me out* at weddings. We've got plenty of references...We've been blessed with doing hundreds of weddings over the years. If my potential bride doesn't see our value with a simple email and or phone call to one of our past weddig clients, then really are not our type of client.

As for seeing a video, we have this. But every reception is......................... D-I-F-F-E-R-E-N-T. :sqwink:

Suppose I have a client that wants a low key DJ, what is their difinition if *Low key*??? Mine is to be explained to my client only.

Same for interactive, etc...