Weddings Your Load In...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
wow you guys need to get roadies and do some work

all mine do and they get a good price as well

My job this weekend will be 4 trips, just uplighting this time

1.) 4 bags of uplighting
2.) RR-12 cart with 4 B1s, 2 L1 powerstands, mic box, power cords, 3 facade sections
3.) system cart
4.) 2 SKB 5009 cases with L1 sticks

Whew... this last weekend was a bear for us.... both in and out...

Out was slightly easier than the In... but still nutz!

I had to bring everything up a wheelchair ramp... that sounds nice you say... HA! It was one of those switchback types so I had to negotiate a sharp turn up the ramp itself then I had to go through the entry door through their lounge area negotiating around chairs and tables... then through another door into a narrow hall and then through yet another door into the reception hall itself.... need less to say it took more trips then I expected... (not to mention this was the most gear I've brought to an event to date).

As I mentioned the out was slightly easier but the pathway was even narrower and the ramp was steeeeeeeeeep..... I actually got out with fewer trips but I had to hand carry my facade and my table as the path was too narrow to put them on a cart.

Overall it was 6 trips in.... and 5 trips out.

It depends on what I am using and where it is.

I can do a single sub, two speakers, amp laptop, mixer, table and stands in one trip!

This past saturday I did 2 subs two 15" mains table amps ect. just about as fast as I could turn around. Pulled the van into the tent right to my setup area and unloaded. Loaded out the same way!

Large High school or college dance with lights may require 10 to 20 trips!

Whew... this last weekend was a bear for us.... both in and out...

Out was slightly easier than the In... but still nutz!

I had to bring everything up a wheelchair ramp... that sounds nice you say... HA! It was one of those switchback types so I had to negotiate a sharp turn up the ramp itself then I had to go through the entry door through their lounge area negotiating around chairs and tables... then through another door into a narrow hall and then through yet another door into the reception hall itself.... need less to say it took more trips then I expected... (not to mention this was the most gear I've brought to an event to date).

As I mentioned the out was slightly easier but the pathway was even narrower and the ramp was steeeeeeeeeep..... I actually got out with fewer trips but I had to hand carry my facade and my table as the path was too narrow to put them on a cart.

Overall it was 6 trips in.... and 5 trips out.

Rob, I'll gladly trade you for what we had to do this Saturday. We were supposed to be in the corner on the floor, but somewhere along the line we were directed to a stage about 4' off the ground. Granted we didn't have as much stuff as we drug in a couple of weeks ago for the reception at the fairgrounds, but let me tell you....it was not easy.

Worst part was with the road rack and going up and down the stairs. I was able to lift everything up to the stage by myself but that. I was almost tempted to go home and grab my Carvin powered mixer, but figured we'd find a way to make it up to the stage.

Sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do.:sqwink: