Weddings Your "Normal" Guest Count @ Weddings?

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Number Of Guests at your Weddings

• 2-40

Votes: 75 100.0%
  • 41-85

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 86-119

• 120-203

• 204-257

• 257 and more

• Total voters
I use the Bose L-1 sound system. While for me it is an awesome sound system it does have its limitations. If I have over 300 people I do charge a slight amount more because I will be bring more speakers. I have a wedding for a couple in August that is 500 people. I already have laughed at her dad telling him your daughter is going to break his bank account he laughed and agreed.

Who is the one person that picked "2-40"?

I'm gonna say Chuck but I could be wrong. He always says his weddings are small because they are destination weddings, but thats just a guess on my part.

You're probably right, I just read his OP. I thought I remembered him saying his average wedding was around 50 ppl.

I was the one that voted small,,,, in the time since the OP, I have averaged about 30 peeps, I did do an 80 person wedding last Saturday, but next Monday I have a 15 person wedding...

In the Orlando area we see between 50 and 200. I charge the same price regardless of guests, but clients tend to think that there is less work with a smaller group. In my opinion the smaller groups are more work because it takes more people to fill the dance floor.

But this is the same here in Sacramento area. Size will only be a factor if it means WAY more sound equipment, add-ons, etc.

For a std 4hr wedding reception with no "extras," I'm getting my $750 whether there are 5 people sitting around a table drinking, or 200 peeps.

The number of people who might actually be on the other side of my table doesn't change what I do or how I do it, either before or during an event.

So the fee is the same. If they have a smaller crowd, I'm likelier to get the gig anyway all other things being equal because my pricing is pretty much smack-dab in the middle for a professional service provider in my area. So if they're "watching costs" because they ARE having a smaller crowd, etc., my rate will seem pretty attractive to them.

Agreed.

I agree. But you may be missing my point. Let's just say you charge $800. The client certainly has more room to pause and think, I only have 50 people at the event... that is $16 PP for music. But if they have 200, then it is only $4 PP.

I DJ and I wouldn't pay ANYBODY $800 to DJ a 50 person event unless I could write it off. Imagine what non DJs - with normal amounts of cash - must think.

I somewhat agree - if you have a party of 50 people, I may be able to swing you a tiny discount. This all depends on other factors too - location, amount of equipment, etc.

size doesn't matter,,,, it is still your time you still bring the same gear and you still do the same thing... The smallest so far is 13 people,,,,,

Our average is around 100. We have a cpl coming up with a suspected head count of 150-200. Our base price is $800. Of course we upsell when possible