2Tb WD Passport External Drive USB 3.0 - Metal Finish Case - $58

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Still no word from Best Buy that I can pick up my 2TB WD Passport. I think I went through this with Best Buy on a previous purchase of a sale item, and eventually they just cancelled my order. We'll see if that happens again. Unfortunately, I bought the little case that goes with it, and it came directly to my house about 2 weeks ago. It's a nice little case, but if they cancel my order, I think I'll just take it to the store and get a refund. This is why I don't buy much from Best Buy, though. Unfortunately, in OKC, the only real competitor they have left is Walmart. And I hate going to Walmart even more than going to Best Buy. I buy a lot of my computer cables and stuff like that from Staples, but they don't have the audio components that Best Buy has.

Speaking of cables; I needed a longer XLR patch cable, so I ordered a 2 footer from Amazon. What a piece of crap![emoji4] It's really cheaply made, and even though it works, I'm not sure I trust it enough to use it inside the small rack case I'm wiring up. I should have ordered (a good) one from Markertek. Guess that's what I'll do today. There's no place local to buy a short XLR cable.[emoji37]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Check out Micro Center. They have a great selection and their own brand of flash drives are super cheap and work great! I hardly mess with Staples any more because they are just like Best Buy, overpriced!

Check out Micro Center. They have a great selection and their own brand of flash drives are super cheap and work great! I hardly mess with Staples any more because they are just like Best Buy, overpriced!

No Micro Center store in Oklahoma. Closest one is in Dallas. I could order from them online, but that's no different than buying from Amazon. That's the problem anymore... a limited selection of retail electronics stores with actual buildings and products. If you need something immediately, you pay the price, if you can even find a store that has it in stock. Otherwise, you buy it online and wait, or pay a higher price for faster shipping. Buying online means you find out exactly what you bought after the package is delivered, and if the quality is not what you expected, you send it back. That's today's reality. No instant gratification.[emoji4]

Last edited:
Well... here's the latest on the WD Passport I ordered... Email from Best Buy...
Your item has been canceled.

Unfortunately, the item listed below is still out of stock. Because we don't know when we'll receive more, we canceled it from your order and will credit any payment.

For details regarding refunds and credits, please see the What You Need to Know section below.

Please accept our apology for this inconvenience. We're working hard to serve you better in the future.

REALLY????[emoji1] Working hard to serve me better?[emoji1]

This is the second time I've ordered a sale item, and after a couple of weeks, they (Best Buy) canceled the order. HELL with 'em![emoji1]

Unfortunately, I already received the little case that was supposed to be used with the WD Passport. Trying to decide whether to keep the case and just order a WD Passport from someplace else, or take the case to my local store and get a refund. I didn't really NEED the drive, but it was such a good deal, I thought; "why not?"![emoji1]

Might see more deals this month as the kiddos get ready to go back to school ...

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
Had to go to Best Buy this morning. My boycott didn't last long. Needed a new MagicJack and Best Buy was the quickest option. Coulda gone to Walmart, but I hate going there more than I hate Best Buy.[emoji1]
This is my third MagicJack in less than three years. It kinda ticks me off that they don't last longer, but buying a MJ every year is still cheaper than other options for the home phone. I used to pay almost as much for a single month for my land line, not including long distance charges. The new one only cost $35 including a year's subscription. Hopefully this one will last as long as the subscription.[emoji1]