banner at gig

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I'm sure you were absolutely perfect the first couple of times you did a wedding. I bow down to your infinite perfection.

Club to mobile is a big switch. Maybe if you were my manager I would have gigs flowing in with no end. You are so knowledgeable about being a mobile Dj.

I do have a question for you and everyone who has been condescending towards me in this thread.

If you guys are so fully booked and are the top Dj in your respective markets...

Why are you spending time on a Dj forum?
Dude, just a little sarcasm because the topic has been covered many times throughout the years. Most of my mobile DJ knowledge has been acquired from hanging out on DJ boards and learning from others. I've also learned by making mistakes - little things that might not get covered on forums. Feelings get hurt once in a while but it usually isn't intentional. So I guess I don't have to explain the reason I spend time on DJ forums. I'm still learning and having a little fun.

...just a little sarcasm because the topic has been covered many times throughout the years...
There are some topics that have been covered WAY too much... Every time I see a thread on PRICING... I thump myself in the forehead with the palm of my hand. At this point, I have a worse case of Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy than an NFL fullback.[emoji1] However, some members have not been here for years, so they aren't gonna know how many times we've rehashed a topic.[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why are you spending time on a Dj forum?

1, I or we learn something new every day from this forum and 2 a lot of the people here have become friends and like to chat with one another

Reactions: SEDJ and DJ Bobcat
My feelings weren't hurt.

You are just some names on a forum.

I did not expect the level of elitism I received from some of the posters. It really kind of shocked me. I thought this board was about DJing.

I suspect I was wrong. Only if you make no mistakes can you be a member here it seems. Great way to foster the community by attempting to shame someone with a legitimate question. Now I know why I come here and see there are at most 4 or 5 (maybe) on going threads.

...You are just some names on a forum...

JUST SOME NAMES ON A FORUM???... Now MY feelings are hurt!!![emoji1]

Seriously though, I won't discount how you feel, but again I'll say I don't think anyone MEANT to make you feel badly. And though there are some here who can be a little full of themselves at times, it's not to the level of elitism IMHO. But there are other DJ boards out there (as you know) if you don't like this one. Give them a shot and if you find one that suits you better, then I wish you well. You can always come back any time if you don't find what you're looking for.[emoji4]

Last edited:
My feelings weren't hurt.

You are just some names on a forum.

I did not expect the level of elitism I received from some of the posters. It really kind of shocked me. I thought this board was about DJing.

I suspect I was wrong. Only if you make no mistakes can you be a member here it seems. Great way to foster the community by attempting to shame someone with a legitimate question. Now I know why I come here and see there are at most 4 or 5 (maybe) on going threads.
This isnt as bad as you making it out to be, I think this should be considered a mis-understanding , and give this forum a chance , everyone here for the most part is very friendly and willing to help out, and remember, just like we are just some names, its only text on a screen.

Yes, I agree, there a few members here that think they are better than everyone else, but you just gotta ignore them, you are going to find that on all the DJ forums , if you really want to learn the mobile side, it is worth your time to stay here, these guys here will take the time to help you out.

Yes we are all elitist bastards. Instead of criticising us, you should suck up to us even if you do it in a condescending way.
We don't mind as long as it strokes our ego.:D

In all seriousness, while I'm sure it wasn't Jas's intention, I do see how his post could come across as implying that not displaying a banner is something that should have been obvious to the op and something he shouldn't have asked.

Again, I'm sure it wasn't his intention, but it is easy to see how it could be interpreted that way especially by someone new to the board and it appears it was interpreted that way hence the op's need to explain himself further that because he's transitioning from club to mobile jock, he needs to understand the differences as to what is acceptable and what's not.

We all have pretty thick skin here and even though we still get under each others from time to time, once yours grows thicker, you will learn to ignore the little things that would not surprisingly set someone off that's new here.

Welcome aboard!

Last edited:
I will say that I applaud the fact that at least @DJ Not Applicable has the foresight to ask these type of questions instead of thinking there's nothing to it and that he can just blindly transition between the two different types of dj'ing.

Good for you for thinking ahead and wanting to get it right.:)

No where is it written in stone you do or do not show a banner , do what works for You

Agreed... Ya gotta use some common sense on some decisions. Most of the events I do, it would be inappropriate for me to draw attention to myself. Hanging a banner would be drawing attention to myself. If you're hired to be "the entertainment", then you would expect to be the center of attention. Having your banner up would be OK.

Reactions: ittigger
/me slaps face at last few comments!!!!