Weddings Beautiful Historic Venue. My First Chance

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

ahoustondj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 13, 2007
Texas
I have always wanted to perform in this place, now I have my chance. I just got booked to do a wedding there in May 2014. Big time $$$$$$$ is what this place entails. I have heard nice stories about it. Stay tuned! My kind of Wedding. Yep, they have a Planner and MC. Stay tuned.

http://www.paradorhouston.com/main.html

Reactions: Ausumm
Congrats ! .. If you need wedding DJ advice, there are plenty of those pros here to help.. ;)

The room with the dome ceiling may be a challenge. Is that where you'll be?

The room with the dome ceiling may be a challenge. Is that where you'll be?
I don't know as yet. This booking comes through my Agent. He is setting up an appointment for me to meet with the client at the Venue so we can work out the details. I'll have all information when that occurs. I just hope it is not too much trouble.

Perhaps you can bring a speaker and play a song to see how "lively" the room is.

Reactions: steve149
Just came back from doing the Site visit because the Client lives out of State and wants to meet with me this Thursday. I found out a lot of past history on past events and setup styles. Dance Floor is right in front of Rounded Stage and if the Client decides to put the Head table up there it would be a disaster for me. I will have to talk the client out of that idea. The Venue said they will go along with whatever the Client wants. The Client has hired two Certified Planners for the Wedding. One to handle the Ceremony outdoors and the other for the Events inside. I was told not to worry about any of those details and that I will get the Program list about a month before the Wedding in April. Each Planner will also act as MC for the respective events.

I will post Pics later, I have a DJ Show to attend this evening in about 15 mins.

Here are the Pics and descriptions:
Garden where the Ceremony will take place

IMAG2201.jpg IMAG2202.jpg IMAG2203.jpg IMAG2204.jpg IMAG2205.jpg IMAG2206.jpg

View of Right Side from StageIMAG2208.jpg
High Ceiling IMAG2209.jpg Dome Ceiling IMAG2210.jpg
View of Left Side from StageIMAG2211.jpg
View of Front (Street Entry)IMAG2212.jpg
Stage Area for DJ Setup IMAG2213.jpg IMAG2214.jpg IMAG2207.jpg

The Client will be renting the whole facility. They will use The Duomo for the Reception and Food and Drinks + Overflow will be in The Cloister: I am hoping that the Client chooses not to use the Stage as that would be a deal breaker. Because of the High Ceiling and layout, setting up DJ and speakers anywhere else will cause problems in Sound as well as discomfort for Guests. I took my Bose AWM with me yesterday and when played from the stage it sounded good all over. Sound was bad elsewhere, lots of echoes.

floorplan1_large.jpg

Sometimes I accuse other members of not posting all the information until they are confronted with a question. There was one thing I forgot to post. I tested the AC outlets at the venue yesterday. The one outside where they are having the Ceremony tested as "Open Ground". The one on the Stage tested as "Hot/Neutral Reverse". I pointed that out to the Venue and they claimed that they have other means of Power, whatever that means. Probably an 18 Ga Extension Cord! I decided not to make an issue of it until I talk to the Client tomorrow but if I do take the Gig, it will be one of my requirements that I be provided with Correct AC Power. The Venue will have more than enough time before May to get it repaired.

Just make sure you have a backup plan (some proper AC extension cords) when they say yes, but fail to follow through.

Reactions: ittigger