Weddings Bride Insists on Explicit Lyrics in Song..

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Thanks..

For all of the things happening between this and off the topic, my cat I've had for 8 years is in critical condition at the vets..He's not expecting to make it..:sqfrown:

Kidney failure, not eating and not walking...They took him off the cafiter today to see what happens..

Not a good 3 days..

Thanks again..

For all of the things happening between this and off the topic, my cat I've had for 8 years is in critical condition at the vets..He's not expecting to make it..:sqfrown:

Kidney failure, not eating and not walking...They took him off the cafiter today to see what happens..

Not a good 3 days..

Thanks again..

:sqfrown: :sqfrown: :sqfrown:

Not a good 3 days..

Thanks again..

My condolences, Tim. You only had the one cat, right?

Sorry, Tim. We lost Calamity and Penelope within 3 months of each other and I swear I can still see them both in living room on occasion. It's been two years (gadzooks, maybe three!) and we still miss them both (but not the "box" stuff.)

Update!!!! Update!!!

Thanks for the kinds words, we have 2 cats. His name is Oscar. I've had him since he was 9 weeks old and adopted him from a family that had to move and couldn't take him. That was 8 years ago. I was immediately drawn to him. Feisty little bastard. Dr. White in Halfmoon isn't encouraged, but not giving up hope, nor are we. We are told he still very critical. I refused to put him down. I feel he will fight it..Unlesss we are told there is no hope...I'm actually getting emotional writing this...I fell like total crap..He's not just a cat, but our family.

Back to the song...

I had previoisly said that I would not mention it all all during the night. Hoping that my bride would not also. 110 people, older crowd, young bride and groom and wedding party.

The song wasn't played!!!!! They didn't ask, inquire, care, nothing!!!

My last songs were At Last and Israel K - Somewhere over the Rainbow/ What a Wonderful World...

The kids invited all stayed till the end! Out of 110 guests, approx. 90 stayed right to the end..Passed out about 10 biz cards as per guests requests..

At one point during the night, the bride came uo to me and said *You Rock*!::wave:

*Good night, God Bless*, were my last words!

A GREAT night!!!!

I LOVE being a DJ :)

My Cat..

He went from his death bed to being feisty again. Good sign, the Dr. said he is not out of the woods yet though. I had to go see him this am to lift his spirits..I was with him for about 15 minutes..He swiped at me :) Very good sign..lol

But they want him to go to the bathroom by himself, without the cafiter..Then after that He's home! :sqwink:

We are thrilled with his progress. I've been sad for a few days without him here..Our other cat, Loca is upset..

As long as you do the "disclaimer"...you're fine!
I love playing songs and saying things that push the limit.
As long as you KNOW the limits of the audience,
and present it as humor, and not as a statement.
Every time I am "unsure" about something...
I check with the b/g for their blessing.
And I am usually amazed at the response.
They usually request something unusual
because it means "something" to them and their friends
so the reaction is great!

Going through the planning and the bride insists on me playing a song *Total eclipse of the heart* by the Dan Band. Live version ..It's the f word all over it. It's 2:45 sec..

My reception ends at 11:30, she wants it played at 11...

Even though I told her I would have to out a disclaimer before I played it, I still don't feel comfortable playing it..

WWYD??

I wouldn't play it.

The End

Then, there is Pink Floyd's Money which has the words "goody good bulls***" in one of the verses and the radio edit does have the one profanity omitted, and there are 2 versions of the Devil Went Down To Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band. There is the LP version which has "son of a b*tch" (the LP version is found on any CD by Charlie Daniels and the Urban Cowboy soundtrack) and the radio edit that has "son of a gun." (can be found on Billboard Top Pop Hits 1979, many Time Life comps that feature the song, and the Columbia Country Classics Vol. 3: Americana" compilation). The Who's "Who Are You" has the lyric "who the f*ck are you" while there is a hard to find radio edit with "who the hell are you."

Then, there is Pink Floyd's Money which has the words "goody good bulls***" in one of the verses and the radio edit does have the one profanity omitted, and there are 2 versions of the Devil Went Down To Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band. There is the LP version which has "son of a b*tch" (the LP version is found on any CD by Charlie Daniels and the Urban Cowboy soundtrack) and the radio edit that has "son of a gun." (can be found on Billboard Top Pop Hits 1979, many Time Life comps that feature the song, and the Columbia Country Classics Vol. 3: Americana" compilation). The Who's "Who Are You" has the lyric "who the f*ck are you" while there is a hard to find radio edit with "who the hell are you."

I do not get your point? I really do not think any of the songs you mention here would offend anyone or make them want to leave the reception. It is also unlikely any of these songs would even be played at a reception.:sqconfused:

I hope this can help.

If you have a child that you love, or you have any respect for a wife or mother, that you love, imagine using the language, in the songs you are willing to broadcast and are complicit in playing, during a conversation with those women and children. If you have to think about it for more than 1/2 second, don't play it at a wedding.

Why should you show less respect for the family and guests of a client than you would for your own family?

That filter has never let me down.

P.S. THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO CLUBS so don't start that crap. :sqwink: