Weddings Bride Insists on Explicit Lyrics in Song..

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
does your wife or kids listen to top forty radio?? In the car? At Home? In your presence?
I suspect I know where that line of questioning is headed, if I am wrong sorry but, when you can show me ONE radio broadcast, not sat or other subscriber program, where "F" bombs are heard I'll kya

I don't know if I've heard the line "lick the sweat off my balls" or something similar to that on capital FM here in Fredericton...

I find it ironic.....I'm sure most parents try to control themselves around their kids and strangers when it comes to profanity.....yet as a dj it's OK to drop the f bomb....

my comment was made excluding the main topic my apoloys to the thread author however I was referring to playing anything at an event thats on the radio. Excluding the word ****

my comment was made excluding the main topic my apoloys to the thread author however I was referring to playing anything at an event thats on the radio. Excluding the word ****
Then you are ****ing forgiven!:sqwink:

As to radio edits, My teenage daughter is an I-poddict and I am a XM & Sirius subscriber. When my 7 yo is in the car, we either listen to Disney or Kids channels or she watches a DVD and we are forced to listen to the movie.

No issue with radio for me. However, when I was not so situated, I used to closely monitor what was emanating from my radio and made every effort to avoid any chance of off color content with children in ear shot or dropped laser on a family friendly cd. It was easy enough. That's what CD players are for.

It seems those that have no issue with prostrating themselves for any gig and submitting to the wishes of anyone willing to throw a currency bone their way is either childless and cannot truly appreciate the results of such language or are too selfish to give a crap.

Luckily, I understand the time and place ethic and have no issue adhering to it.

I do not get your point? I really do not think any of the songs you mention here would offend anyone or make them want to leave the reception. It is also unlikely any of these songs would even be played at a reception.:sqconfused:

For those of you who are not yet familiar with our valued teammate Bradley, he is autistic and has a savant ability to recall song related facts. He may not understand contextually what would or would not be played at a wedding, but TRUST me, you do NOT want to play music trivia with him. LOL.

Ben

if it doesn't personally offend me, I go for it!
but I always double check with the b/g moments before
and I always do some sort of disclaimer.
but I never present the disclaimer as an excuse...
I usually say something like
"...geez, in all my years, I have never played this song at a wedding..."
and have fun with it, like I have been given permission to be naughty