Buying Up Lights

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

Chuck The DJ

I know people.
Sep 28, 2006
Sebastopol, California
www.chuckthedj.com
I know this is a can of worms,,, but I have a local guy who wants to sell me 10 Chavet Freedom Pars in a rolling charging case for $1800..

These are a couple of years old but in perfect shape. New ones I see are around $200 not including the case...

Seems like a good deal, but at $180 per light, still seems like a lot for used gear. He is willing to take payments which is always good... :)

thoughts?

Reactions: ittigger
i have used them before, I borrow them from time to time, but he is upgrading to a more expensive light and wanting to sell these,,,

Reactions: ittigger
Depends WHICH Freedom PARs .. if the new gen ones, the Tri can be gotten for $210, the quad for around $260 and the Hex for $315. Figure on $350-$400 for a case. If the old style 10mm ones, I wouldn't buy them.

As mentioned, batteries will probably need replacing. If they are the new style Tris, I think a fair price is closer to $120 a piece plus $200 for the case, so $1400.

Being that you can buy NEW ones direct from china for $180 with a charging case, I don't think it's a good deal. I know china lights are a touchy subject, but the one's I've bought about 70 of have ALL arrived working, and have been using them for years now with no issue. Only a handful have been replaced, but usually because of just the abuse and damage they take from getting kicked around and a solder point getting weak. I'm sure many could fix it themselves... I just don't have time.

Being that you can buy NEW ones direct from china for $180 with a charging case, I don't think it's a good deal. I know china lights are a touchy subject, but the one's I've bought about 70 of have ALL arrived working, and have been using them for years now with no issue. Only a handful have been replaced, but usually because of just the abuse and damage they take from getting kicked around and a solder point getting weak. I'm sure many could fix it themselves... I just don't have time.

Are your moving heads Chinese off brand too?