Chauvet EZPAR 56. I ordered one and it came in

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Not so much the COST, but the very problem you are encountering right now.
If you plan on buying them "as needed"...you have no guarantee that the same light will still be available a year from now.
So you'll have to find yet ANOTHER suitable replacement, and try to match the 4 or 5 other models/brands you already own.
That's why I like the factory direct ones that I purchase. I've been using and replacing them accordingly for the last 4 years or so. It's also how I was able to gradually grow my arsenal. I started off with 20... went to 40... and eventually had 70. Their design hasn't changed, and they still make em if I need to replace them.... and the cost has gone down per light too.

Reactions: ittigger
That's why I like the factory direct ones that I purchase. I've been using and replacing them accordingly for the last 4 years or so. It's also how I was able to gradually grow my arsenal. I started off with 20... went to 40... and eventually had 70. Their design hasn't changed, and they still make em if I need to replace them.... and the cost has gone down per light too.

Ricky was talking about replacing them one at a time.
You bought 20 at a time,
which is more than enough lights to fill a room.
So you still have a complete matching set.

The little remote is useful to me. I usually set my uplights to a static color for the entire night. Set the color, press the blackout button on the remote to put them in "sleep mode" to save batteries. Just before the guests come in, walk around to each light, press the blackout button again, and the lights come on.

I had an event last Sunday where the lights were a soft pinkish-white (C15) for dinner, then we used the remotes to walk around and reset to purplish pink (C04). Of course, this would have been easier if they had wireless DMX. But the remotes worked great.