Radio DJs DJ Jim Ladd is out!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Jim Lang hosted The Dating Game.

Allan Ladd (late husband of Betty White) hosted Password.

Terrestrial radio is almost entirely syndicated with local DJs and local playlists all but gone...so sad...so sad...

Terrestrial radio is almost entirely syndicated with local DJs and local playlists all but gone...so sad...so sad...

I don't know about that, on the stations I listen to hear in Phoenix, most are all the local DJs, the music may be nationally programmed?

I can kinda see where they can't allow individual DJs to just play what they want, some may play a bunch of crap that no one has ever heard of or wants to hear & people tune out.

Back in the 50s that's what got DJs in trouble, (Payola) under the table money & gifts to play songs.

Jimm Ladd- Los Angeles DJ on a classic rock station 95.5. He is the probably the last DJ that doesnt follow the rules of what to play. His show is called Freeform sundays. He basically plays what he wants , sometimes a whole album by one artist in its entirety. Sad but there are other more on air personalities on that station that deserved to get kicked off, like the morning duo of Mark and Brian.