DOW posts Record Week since 2011...LOL

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
Well...The immediate reaction put out by the Liberal Media early Wednesday morning was "Oh no, DOW Futures are down over 500 points...The market is going to collapse because Trump was elected!!!" ...Another made up excuse to instill more fear in the liberals...and now look at what actually occurred!

Dow Jones closes out best week in five years

I hope the economy improves BIGLY in the coming years! :)

Reactions: Cap Capello
Well...The immediate reaction put out by the Liberal Media early Wednesday morning was "Oh no, DOW Futures are down over 500 points...The market is going to collapse because Trump was elected!!!" ...Another made up excuse to instill more fear in the liberals...and now look at what actually occurred!

I hope the economy improves BIGLY in the coming years! :)

I would advise anyone that has money in the markets to secure it in the short term. Things look ok right now but there is a crash coming unless Congress has a good economic plan because Trump doesn't. I don't know how bad it will be but it will crash in the next 12-18 months.

Reactions: ittigger
I would advise anyone that has money in the markets to secure it in the short term. Things look ok right now but there is a crash coming unless Congress has a good economic plan because Trump doesn't. I don't know how bad it will be but it will crash in the next 12-18 months.

I do agree that you should secure your money - not sure about the crash.

Reactions: ittigger
We are due for another recession...It's been 7 years since the last one...Seeing that recessions on average come every 6 to 7 years. Another one SHOULD either be happening right now, or at some point in 2017. Trump is the Wild Card in this scenario, so we see what happens.

I am looking at Black Friday deals the major retailers are putting out. I can't believe the rock bottom prices on 4K TVs. ...I am wondering where their profit is going to come from this shopping season. Are these TVs really that cheap to produce?

55 inch 4K TV for $299 at Wal Mart. 40 inch 1080 P for $125 now.

The nearest Best Buy to me just closed earlier this week. Last 3 years I had noticed that store was just plain slow. ...Only a matter of time before they shut it down. I walked in there on a weekday afternoon about 6 months back, and I only saw 2 other customers in the entire store...employees looked so bored. Now if I want to go to a Best Buy, I gotta drive about 13 miles to the next closest one. I only go out that way if I plan to go to the mall up there, or if I have my Chevy in for it's oil change at the dealership I go to which is near that store.

Retail is in a real quagmire because nothing HUGE has come out lately. I have a feeling Christmas shopping sales will be down this year due to that, and the even lower prices on electronics. Profits will be down...I foresee Sears/Kmart closing a lot of stores going into next year as well. ...If retail sales are lackluster which I believe they will be this year, then that could spark the next recession.

Or, maybe not. ...I hope not. I want the economy to boom.

All the trump articles I have read are purely speculative. I will wait to see what actually happens.

The Stock Market has done better under democrats because they continue to drive up the debt. Under Obama lots of "quantitative easing" occurred. Market pumping through money printing.

I have read reports stating the next recession/depression will be about the Derivatives Market that has been falsely propped up by all the money printing, and corrupt deals. The market collapsed, and a ripple effect occurs.

During the Bill Clinton years, the only reason the Stock Market did well was because of the dot com and tech boom. He literally had nothing to do with it at the time. However, the NAFTA deal ended up hurting Americans over time.

When Carter was in Office, the economy tanked, and the OIL Crisis caused gas to sky rocket, and oil shortages. Reagan fixed that after he came into office, and gas prices dropped back down. Of course there was another recession in 83, but it was short lived. Lots of working class Americans made a lot of money in the 80s. When Americans are making Money, Americans party more. Lots of DJs made a lot of money in the 80s too...All sorts of parties going on all the time back then.

There is also the "Conspiracy Theory" that the World Establishment Elite will Deliberately CRASH the Market once Trump is in to spite him, and coerce control of the system. Do everything in their power to make him look bad so they can reverse the awakening against them, and continue with the Globalist Agenda after they are through with Trump.

The Conspiracy Theorists believe the Market will crash, and Gold will shoot up to $5000/oz, and eventually go to $8,000+ an ounce in the future.

Crazy? Yes...Far Fetched? Maybe not, and they have been talking these crazy numbers with Gold since the last recession so as time marches on the probability of their predictions seems more like baloney. I guess we will have to wait to see what the next 4 years bring.

I am looking at Black Friday deals the major retailers are putting out. I can't believe the rock bottom prices on 4K TVs. ...I am wondering where their profit is going to come from this shopping season. Are these TVs really that cheap to produce?

55 inch 4K TV for $299 at Wal Mart. 40 inch 1080 P for $125 now.

The profit is in the components used and the quantity purchased. Wal-Mart / Sam's buys in bulk, so they get better prices, which helps lower them for us. A 55 inch for $299 is probably not going to be a high quality piece nor is a 40 inch for $125.

During the Bill Clinton years, the only reason the Stock Market did well was because of the dot com and tech boom. He literally had nothing to do with it at the time. However, the NAFTA deal ended up hurting Americans over time.

Maybe true - but the Clinton years also brought us the FCC Auctions (wireless spectrum), which gave the Government a surplus of money.

The profit is in the components used and the quantity purchased. Wal-Mart / Sam's buys in bulk, so they get better prices, which helps lower them for us. A 55 inch for $299 is probably not going to be a high quality piece nor is a 40 inch for $125.

...I like my Westinghouse 50 inch I bought for $299 at Best Buy. It's been a near perfect TV for me thus far.

A 4K TV is going to be able to do a 4K picture. Sure, there might be minor differences in darker colors and contrast being that and a much higher cost TV set, but let's face it...4K is 4K, and your eyes are not going to be able to discern much. ...Maybe Quality Control is less desireable on these cheaper units from the factory? ...However, you can always return the unit if something is wrong.

I never thought I'd see large 4K TVs for $299 I guess is what I am getting at. 4K at this point is STILL More than what you can get from Cable/Satelite etc. Blue Ray 1080 is still the standard for purchasing movies, and I don't think that will change for a long time...Some people still only purchase DVDs even.

No, 4k is not 4k - just like 1000 watts is not 1000 watts.

Typically, when I buy something, I do not want to have to come back to get it fixed - so I will pay more to try to avoid having to deal with that. I've been lucky thus far. ;)

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
13 miles to get to a best buy Ha, the closest one to me is just under 45 miles

Some people in my town complain if they have to go out on the beltway to drive 4 miles to get something or go somewhere LOL. I've heard it before "You mean I have to drive all the way up there? " and I'm like "It's 3 exits up the beltway...like 5 miles away...

I could go to the other Best Buy in downtown Baltimore...Of course parking is pretty much garage only down there, and the garage is $20. Then it would take me probably 25 to 30 minutes to drive there with all the lights and traffic. Mileage wise it's closer than the other one at 13 miles, but not worth driving to.

4K TVs are useless unless you have a 4K source, and today that's limited to a small percentage of the streaming services and a handful of satellite channels. I'm sure more is coming, but 4K isn't needed for anything less than 55" .. same logic as to why you needed to have over a 36" TV to need more than 720p. Not currently in the market for a new one, but I still check out what's there and I can certainly see a difference in picture quality and wouldn't think of a 60" 4K TV under $1000 for anything other than casual watching. Black quality (contrast ratio) isn't there, anti-aliasing isn't as good on the lower cost sets, color gamut isn't as wide, etc.

No, 4k is not 4k - just like 1000 watts is not 1000 watts.

To me it is. I notice a better difference with the Curved design TVs. However, all the other 4K TVs seem to have a very similar picture quality...some TV sets have darker darks, maybe a bit brighter picture, but I'd be fine with a regular 4K set. I would prefer to have 3 HDMI ports though, and not just 2. Great sounding speakers on the TV is a plus, but not a big deal as I would connect to a Sub and Sound Bar anyway.