Finding Clean Songs (Radio Edits)

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

scgstuff

DJ Extraordinaire
Jun 30, 2017
Central Texas
garrisentertainment.com
Where can I find a radio edits of songs that aren't readily available? The song I am looking for in particular right now is Redbone - Childish Gambino. We have had many requests for it and have a Sweet 16 this Saturday that has it requested on their must have list. I can only find the explicit on iTunes and Amazon. The "clean" version on YouTube is not the radio edit (used the N word instead of Baby) not that I would ever consider using a YouTube rip....just thought maybe they would have the link to buy the clean version.... :cheers:

I have heard about music pools, but have always picked up albums or purchased and downloaded songs from Amazon or iTunes. Maybe I need to look at joining one?

Where can I find a radio edits of songs that aren't readily available? The song I am looking for in particular right now is Redbone - Childish Gambino. We have had many requests for it and have a Sweet 16 this Saturday that has it requested on their must have list. I can only find the explicit on iTunes and Amazon. The "clean" version on YouTube is not the radio edit (used the N word instead of Baby) not that I would ever consider using a YouTube rip....just thought maybe they would have the link to buy the clean version.... :cheers:

I have heard about music pools, but have always picked up albums or purchased and downloaded songs from Amazon or iTunes. Maybe I need to look at joining one?

RPM (Top Hits) has it too - radio and instrumental versions. They offer a free sample as well. Like Taso, between the pools and the stores (Amazon, iTunes, etc), I have most things covered.

You basically need to find a record pool that works for you. These are services made for DJs to keep their libraries up to date. Popular ones would include:

- Promo Only
- Prime Cuts
- DJ City
- Direct Music Service (DMS)
- etc.

There's a ton of them that appeal to different styles of DJing. For example this is the DJ City availability for Redbone:

Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 10.02.35 PM.png

Hey people. Don't forget about Top Hits USA (RPM Radio Programming). They have clean edits as well. Cost is $54 per month for approximately 350 tracks; MP3 downloads daily (two downloads per song). End of month a CD with all those you downloaded during the month (Recurrent Country, Recurrent Top 40, Recurrent Adult Contemporary, Recurrent Jazz, Recurrent Christian, Recurrent Latin and weekly T-disc and C-discs. T-disc is AC, Top 40, Country. C-Disc is Rock, Urban and Dance. Each weekly T and C disc has the same music that was downloadable each week.
Every other month, you get a Recurrent R&B, Recurrent Rock, Recurrent Dance. Recurrent means "the best of the songs that came out in that two month period.

Hey people. Don't forget about Top Hits USA (RPM Radio Programming). They have clean edits as well. Cost is $54 per month for approximately 350 tracks; MP3 downloads daily (two downloads per song). End of month a CD with all those you downloaded during the month (Recurrent Country, Recurrent Top 40, Recurrent Adult Contemporary, Recurrent Jazz, Recurrent Christian, Recurrent Latin and weekly T-disc and C-discs. T-disc is AC, Top 40, Country. C-Disc is Rock, Urban and Dance. Each weekly T and C disc has the same music that was downloadable each week.
Every other month, you get a Recurrent R&B, Recurrent Rock, Recurrent Dance. Recurrent means "the best of the songs that came out in that two month period.

I already mentioned. :)

Do they have the radio version?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
All of there music is clean edits. I don't listen to the radio, but at 3.26 minutes I would guess it's the radio version.

I already mentioned. :)

Yep! I see that now. Goes to show that there is an awareness of what is available out there IF one is willing to pay the price. I've subscribed to Promo Only and Prime Cuts for a minimum of one year each, and find Top Hits to be ideal for my use. However, Prime Cuts does cut a bunch of the "fluff" from its service and focus on the Top 30 chart-type hits. Promo Only has excellent coverage as well.

Reactions: ittigger
I'll put a plug in for idjpool.com .. I get both explicit and radio edit versions of everything .. plus they have a decent selection of classics. And if you are a veteran or police/fire, they have a discounted program ..

Regular: Join | iDJPool – MP3 Record Pool – MP3 DJ Pool – MP3 Music Pool – MP3 Pool – For DJs Only – Music Subscription Service – Clean Music For DJs – Radio Edit Versions – Wedding Music For DJs

Police/Fire/Military/Veteran: Join | MP3 For DJs – MP3 Record Pool – MP3 DJ Pool – MP3 Music Pool – MP3 Pool – For DJs Only – Music For DJs – DJ Music Subscription Service – Clean Music For DJs

So IDJPool gives you everything you need you think? How do they come? Weekly? Monthly? Is a link you login and get then download the songs?

So IDJPool gives you everything you need you think? How do they come? Weekly? Monthly? Is a link you login and get then download the songs?
Only as download and new stuff multiple times per week. Probably several hundred files some weeks (especially for the Dance genre, with the multiple remixes). They have a great "classics" section going back to the 50s (songs that were re-released over the past 10 years).

You can download from the website, but once you join, they give you FTP access and I just drag and drop all folders (except for Dance, as it's gotten WAYYY too big) and let it rip.

Only as download and new stuff multiple times per week. Probably several hundred files some weeks (especially for the Dance genre, with the multiple remixes). They have a great "classics" section going back to the 50s (songs that were re-released over the past 10 years).

You can download from the website, but once you join, they give you FTP access and I just drag and drop all folders (except for Dance, as it's gotten WAYYY too big) and let it rip.
I'm just wondering if its worth the switch over form Prime Cuts for the discount.

I'm just wondering if its worth the switch over form Prime Cuts for the discount.
It's a monthly thing .. keep PrimeCuts and try it for a month and check out the catalog.

Reactions: BlueLineDJ