Gemini UHF-6200M wireless mics

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

BryanK

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 28, 2016
Colonial Beach, Virginia
Does anyone have any hands-on experience with this system? At the price point it seems decent enough, but after reading a few reviews and trying to purchase it, this is seeming like the holy grail of an affordable dual wireless mic system.

I say trying to purchase it, because I saw it on GC's website and ordered for sh*ts & giggles, mind you at the time of my order it stated it was in stock. No sooner than I clicked confirm purchase did an email come in saying it was backordered. I called GC and they said they sold out already and the next shipment isn't due to arrive until September! So I cancelled the order and went seeking elsewhere for this mystery device.

Well, after scouring the 'net and clicking through to the usual supplier websites, I came up with the same answers "backordered, expecting shipment in September". This thing went on sale and sold out in record time across many different vendors. Anyway, I found one on Ebay used and pulled the trigger. Do any of you have direct experience with this critter???

UHF-6200M - Gemini Sound

240 foot range, and I get queezy about the name "Gemini". If you want a priced-right mic, that has outstanding performance, check this one out:

https://www.amazon.com/GTD-Audio-G-...e=UTF8&qid=1466168928&sr=8-8&keywords=gtd+mic

The GTDs have a 600-foot range and you can buy replacement bodypacks or hand-helds at $40/each. The transmitter are also interchangeable. The performance for me has been outstanding, as well as for several DJs here and in my local market who have taken my advice.

Reactions: BryanK
I also am a GTD user. At first I picked them up for my karaoke gigs and was very happy with them. I know own 4 of these units and use them for everything, including sending a wireless signal to my active speakers when needed. 5+ years and not one problem.

That unit appears to be a replacement model for the 4200M .. sites are showing availability from mid-August into early September.

It does look suspiciously like my one Shure SLX handheld ... blatant ripoff anyone??

UHF-6000HHM-2-893x490.png

re_SLX2_SM58_H5_SLX_2_Handheld_Wireless_UHF_312572.jpg

Sometimes is a good thing not to spend much fora mic because of the way they get handled. I would use the cheap ones for low budget clients and in a bar. So if one gets damaged it's not a big deal vs one that cost $500 or more. That one I say you should save for special events. Not every day use.

Would you also bring cheap speakers, mixer, headphones, computer, etc to low budget events?
People don't handle my speakers, computer or headphones. You can also look at it this way. A cheaper cordless mic can be used for backup in a pinch.

I too, will jump on the GTD bandwagon.
I have a lav/handheld combo in my ceremony system.
Hasn't disappointed me yet, even after some abuse.
I'll also jump on the Gemini bandwagon.
Just saying the name makes me squint.

You say this
Sometimes is a good thing not to spend much fora mic because of the way they get handled. I would use the cheap ones for low budget clients and in a bar. So if one gets damaged it's not a big deal vs one that cost $500 or more. That one I say you should save for special events. Not every day use.
But said this here to me Equipment question
You nailed it. I just saw your post. He buys a MC 6000 but buys a cheap mic. Doesn't make much sense. I bought a Gem Sound dual cordless mic as an emergency piece that I needed right away. It was $50.00 plus tax. It was a waste of money. It didn't last long as the power button on the receiver broke and it went in the garbage. Buy once and forget it. I have 2 EV cordless mics and no issues including a corded mic that wasn't much but again no issues.

But now you are saying its ok to buy cheap mics, and you had the Audacity(not the audio program) to judge me for buying cheap mics?

You say this

But said this here to me Equipment question

But now you are saying its ok to buy cheap mics, and you had the Audacity(not the audio program) to judge me for buying cheap mics?
Sometimes it's not worth the effort ... :)

Reactions: SEDJ and ittigger