Generation Gap makes the news

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

IceBurghDJ

DJ Extraordinaire
Apr 17, 2015
Western Pennsylvania
iceburghdj.com
Ben Rothelisburger (near 40 now) and Coach Tomlin (44) are complaining about Antonio Brown (28) because Antonio did facebook live after the game sunday from the locker room.

Yep, there's the 'gap' - between 30 and 40 someplace, on what is 'acceptable' or not. To the under 30 crowd there isn't a second thought about livestreaming, video chat and more. To those over 40 (or some year in there) it's wrong, a privacy issue, etc, etc.

So you, um, experienced folks out there, get used to the new wave of people and how the world is, and will change.

As soon as I can figure out how to facebook live I'll have to try it at my next gig. If not me..then no doubt one of the guests will be doing it!

the video -
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpuhCdQv6iw

and maybe tomlin is unhappy because what he said got broadcast. (calling patriots assholes).

So is it the video..or that some folks don't act in a certain manner that other think they should. I mean, ask most any steeler fan and yeah, they'll say that about the patriots.

Again, I think you're missing the previous point made. Having the ability or even the right to do or say something .. doesn't mean you should. As people mature, they figure that out.

So if your saying there is a maturity gap, then maybe you are correct.

I think it's a millenial thing - I know they promised the video phone since I was a kid. I'm sure you've seen bits about it forever. Who'd want that?

Well EVERYONE under 18 does and uses it now. No second thoughts. Not just skype, but facetime. To us it's invasive..to them? normal, just as normal as a tv is to us. My grandparents didn't see a tv as normal, it was a luxury, and OMG cable tv? who need that? Now you can have 'tv' with you 24/7 - I don't see the point to streaming a football game on my phone but i know some that do it.

An example is my kids don't watch TV. They watch netflix and other streaming services on their ipads. DVR? Satellite? No interest - their normal is not our normal.

they grew up on reality tv - a camera everywhere recording everything. It's not invasive, it as normal as indoor plumbing (i knew people that didn't have it till the 70s...hey, i'm old but I change with the times the best I can).

Got a camera in your car? Maybe for backup, right? What about one that records traffic in front of you? You don't? It's all over europe and you can get it here cheap too. Costco had a big display at christmas time of them.

Our newer buses and soon all our buses will have real time video with pan and zoom - 4 cameras look inside the bus and one out, that also record sound, and the bus owner can access them live from his office. Run the redlights on the bus did ya? Expect to see your video on facebook. Police and school approved. And yes, you get a view of inside the bus too - yep, kids. and anyone else standing around the bus stop (beware moms that may bring your kid to the bus stop wearing a robe and no bra...)

they want body cameras on every cop.

Other than being in the bathroom, expect no privacy. And that may even include the locker room now ! LOL

Alot of these cameras are for 'safety': Bus cameras - safety. Body camera's - safety. Car camera's - safety. This is quite different than a photographer obtaining video and using it for other purposes. You grew up in the world of TV - is it ok to show whatever tv show in whatever room at whatever hour? Or is there a time and place for everything?

Reactions: Jeff Romard
My point is we grew up in a very different world than today's kids.

My daughter and son don't know a world without cameras everywhere, video everywhere, video on demand, no privacy expectations.

It was mentioned in one of the many many shows on tv of late covering obama's years in the whitehouse and a pundit brought up a point we'd never think about, at all, i'm sure. Pretty much anyone under 15 or so can only remember a black president. to them THAT is the norm, not a white president. And it's things like this that change the world. Since to them it's possible, no, normal, for a black man to president they won't consider it an issue to be considered at all. Probably the same for a woman president.

DId you have any friends in HS that were gay? Of course not, they were in the closet or got beat up for being different. Today's its as normal to be gay and open about it in HS, or even transgender, as it was to be a guy or girl 30 years ago.

As for cameras for security...perhaps, but then why all of this?
youtube security cam video - Google Search

Not the intent of the camera folks to see all this on youtube I suspect. I doubt you'd expect to see yourself on youtube after a visit to walmart, 7-11, etc..yet I'm sure it's up there someplace.

I find it interesting Ben Rothelisburger would find Antonio Brown's live streaming in the locker room "a little disappointing." It's not like Rothelisburger was a saint earlier in his career. Brown, at least did not sexually assault anyone in the process of live streaming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brown has issues too - been busted for pot..twice i think. But like I tell my kids - be outstanding in something and you can get away with murder. Look at OJ!

^^^^ There's a lot of CRAZY stuff in this post. First of all, comparing a pot possession bust to rape is NUTS![emoji1] And if you think being outstanding at something will allow you to get away with murder... I got one word for you; Aaron Hernandez.[emoji4] Don't tell your kids that kind of stuff; they might end up as crazy as you![emoji1]

Have you ever played organized sports? The locker room is sacred what happens there stays there. Any show you might have seen that was in a locker room was just that a show. they weren't showing what really goes on

Someone shooting a video or a picture in the room without permission is sacrilege. A live hit would NEVER be allowed in a locker room without advising everyone in that room first

This tool is lucky they don't put him in a bathroom down the hall to suit up

Reactions: DJ TJ
My point is we grew up in a very different world than today's kids.

My daughter and son don't know a world without cameras everywhere, video everywhere, video on demand, no privacy expectations.

It was mentioned in one of the many many shows on tv of late covering obama's years in the whitehouse and a pundit brought up a point we'd never think about, at all, i'm sure. Pretty much anyone under 15 or so can only remember a black president. to them THAT is the norm, not a white president. And it's things like this that change the world. Since to them it's possible, no, normal, for a black man to president they won't consider it an issue to be considered at all. Probably the same for a woman president.

DId you have any friends in HS that were gay? Of course not, they were in the closet or got beat up for being different. Today's its as normal to be gay and open about it in HS, or even transgender, as it was to be a guy or girl 30 years ago.

As for cameras for security...perhaps, but then why all of this?
youtube security cam video - Google Search

Not the intent of the camera folks to see all this on youtube I suspect. I doubt you'd expect to see yourself on youtube after a visit to walmart, 7-11, etc..yet I'm sure it's up there someplace.

Sure .. and you know right from wrong. They're still learning. When they learn that some of their images and videos may do more harm then good, then they'll rethink how they did and do things. My son thought he would never get caught speeding, because everyone does it. He's been nailed a few times and is paying the penalty. I'm sure you learned as a youngster as well.

If you're active at school and get good grades..vs doing no activities and having iffy grades are you treated differently.
And that works outside of school too, in many many ways.

So many don't seem to understand it - they are 'lazy do nothings' and wonder why life is 'out to get them', nothing goes their way, they never catch a break, etc.

^^^^ There's a lot of CRAZY stuff in this post. First of all, comparing a pot possession bust to rape is NUTS![emoji1] And if you think being outstanding at something will allow you to get away with murder... I got one word for you; Aaron Hernandez.[emoji4] Don't tell your kids that kind of stuff; they might end up as crazy as you![emoji1]

If you're active at school and get good grades..vs doing no activities and having iffy grades are you treated differently.
And that works outside of school too, in many many ways.

So many don't seem to understand it - they are 'lazy do nothings' and wonder why life is 'out to get them', nothing goes their way, they never catch a break, etc.

In some cases they truly are lazy do nothings. In other situations, it may be a situation where the person goes to the same low paying (but perhaps stable) job day in and day out for years, and does nothing else to change their situation so finances are always routinely an issue and they claim they "can never catch a break".

Others "can't catch a break" with their health...bad health issues put them in bad financial situations as well.

My sister comes to mind...She has always been struggling...Has not had a job in 9 years(claims she is always applying and no one will hire her...)...Relying on being a DJ, but the bills are always an issue...The father of her children is 25K in rears in child support, and has never contributed anything financially...yet the state refused to throw him in jail after endless amount of time in court...(Good thing for him they live in a very liberal county who is lenient on lousy baby daddies who never pay child support)

On the opposite end, my younger brother has had a good paying full time job for over 6 years now. He works 50 to 55 hours a week. His credit is great, he just bought a new $36,000 car, and is saving up to buy his first house...on his own. He projects to be buying a house in the next 12 months, 15 months tops.

that's the way people are..and very little if anything can be done to change it - diff tax rates, incentives, free college, etc.

Maybe we need to devote some time to studying humans and motivation instead of ants or whatever odd research is being funded these days.

But then i'm reading a book (selling the invisible) and it brings up chaos theory and weather prediction in relation to trying to predict consumer behavior - and that none of it can be predicted no matter how hard we try.

I think he meant to say Ben has the body of a 40 year old, though some might argue that would be generous.

Where did he imply that? He never mentioned anything about Ben's body... nice reach defending him though!

Where did he imply that? He never mentioned anything about Ben's body... nice reach defending him though!
He didn't .. I was making light of it .. taking the testosterone down a notch.

Reactions: Scott Hanna