Gobo projectors

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Talking to myself here, just found a pic of one I saw from a competitor. This looked really sharp. Seems I remember they had 3 of them running.

https://www.chauvetdj.com/products/gobo-shot-50w-irc/
Have you considered just buying a projector? They have a lot more flexibility. This projector is highly recommended and bright enough to use as a projector for videos, movies, gobos, monograms, etc. I do all my monogram/gobo work for events on my computer myself and then put them on a thumb drive into the back of the projector.

Amazon.com: JVC Professional Series DLP Projector 3D Ready 5000 lumens (LX-WX50): Electronics

Wow, a 5k lumen projector for $449? That's the same price as the 50-watt dedicated gobo I mentioned. I'm wondering how bright the data projector is versus the gobo projector. That's a great option.

Projectorgram tested and reviewed that JVC projector and it is now their top recommended projector. They too were very impressed. I've been using a projector for a while now. Projectors allow you to keystone the image. So if you need to shoot from off to the side you can adjust the image to straighten it out, which you can't do with a gobo projector. Plus you don't have the expense of printing gobos for every event. Everything is digital.

Projectorgram tested and reviewed that JVC projector and it is now their top recommended projector. They too were very impressed. I've been using a projector for a while now. Projectors allow you to keystone the image. So if you need to shoot from off to the side you can adjust the image to straighten it out, which you can't do with a gobo projector. Plus you don't have the expense of printing gobos for every event. Everything is digital.

I've been using data projectors for several years for monograms but all mine are <3k lumens. When I saw that 50-watt unit it just blew me away and I was thinking to add a few for just stock image projection. No way do I want to get back into burning custom plates. That data projector you mentioned sounds great and this obviously has me re-thinking things. I could make up some animations, depending on what the projector will support. That could be a great option.

Reactions: BlueLineDJ
I have 2 of the the Chauvet Gobo shot units and they are quite bright and do the monogram job nicely.
I chose them over the 60 watt ADJ Ikon as there were problems with jerky rotation on those units.
The Chauvet also has the added feature of being able to put a colour gel in front of the gobo and the unit is also dmx controllable. The ADJ fixture does not have those features.
The downside to the Chauvet is there is no zoom feature which can make the monogram to big if the projection distance is more than about 20 feet so if I know I will be projecting onto a distant wall instead of the dance floor, when creating the monogram I have to make it smaller to compensate.

The Chauvet unit has been discontinued since 2015 but they still show up occasionally on Ebay.
Are you planning on using this mobile or for display purposes in your office?