Good News! I just saved a bunch of money by...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

DJ Ricky B

DJ Extraordinaire
Mar 9, 2015
SWITCHING TO ALL STATE! :laugh:

...Geico sent us a notice saying our insurance rate was going up another $30 for 6 months...and for no reason. So I went and got a quote from Progressive, and then got a quote from my sister in law who works in the local All State Office. She was able to get us pretty much the same quote as Progressive which is $140 less than Gieco. Signing up with All State today, and paying in full to get the pay in full discount which sould bring us to about $200 lower than what Gieco's new rate would be.

My wife had been with Gieco since 2003, and I added on to her plan in 2010 to save money. After all these years we did not appreciate the rate hike out of nowhere. Even if it was just $30...Caused us to find out we can save money by switching to another company. Had they not raised our renewal premium, we wouldn't be switching.

Reactions: ittigger
SWITCHING TO ALL STATE! :laugh:

...Geico sent us a notice saying our insurance rate was going up another $30 for 6 months...and for no reason. So I went and got a quote from Progressive, and then got a quote from my sister in law who works in the local All State Office. She was able to get us pretty much the same quote as Progressive which is $140 less than Gieco. Signing up with All State today, and paying in full to get the pay in full discount which sould bring us to about $200 lower than what Gieco's new rate would be.

My wife had been with Gieco since 2003, and I added on to her plan in 2010 to save money. After all these years we did not appreciate the rate hike out of nowhere. Even if it was just $30...Caused us to find out we can save money by switching to another company. Had they not raised our renewal premium, we wouldn't be switching.

Insurance is legalized extortion. If you have a car you need it and they know this.

I'm a big supporter of buy local but about 7 or 8 years ago my insurance went crazy I was paying for just PLPD no collision or comprehensive and they wanted over $1200..And I have a good driving record

I called a company a couple of hundred miles away, after calling around, they were the ones. It was less than $500 for the year. Now with 2 vehicles and full coverage I pay less than I was paying for one vehicle with the basic coverage

It pays to call every few years

Insurance is legalized extortion. If you have a car you need it and they know this.

I'm a big supporter of buy local but about 7 or 8 years ago my insurance went crazy I was paying for just PLPD no collision or comprehensive and they wanted over $1200..And I have a good driving record

I called a company a couple of hundred miles away, after calling around, they were the ones. It was less than $500 for the year. Now with 2 vehicles and full coverage I pay less than I was paying for one vehicle with the basic coverage

It pays to call every few years

I agree. Legalized Criminals.

We actually decided to just pay the 6 months in full up front...Saved another $105 off of our quote. So we are saving like $250 off from what the new Geico Premium was going to be. With 3 cars (1 old one being liability only) We are paying under $1,000 for 6 months. It would be less if my wife would go to Laibility only...her Malibu is a 2009 and paid off, but she wants to keep full coverage on it.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Nobody likes paying for insurance.. and nobody like needing insurance. But you're sure glad you have it when you need it.

My wife got in an accident last year, and it was $13K to rebuild the front end of her car, plus they paid for the rental car while hers was in the shop.

And around here... there are so many expensive cars on the road, and umbrella policy is almost a must. Running into a Ferrari instead of a civic, and you can get cleaned out.

You should shop homeowner's insurance every 3-4 years. Existing policies normally raise the "replacement" value of the home each year .. in 4 years I guess mine was raised almost $60K ... to the point the replacement cost was more than buying new land and rebuilding the same house. Thankfully my insurance agent is good at looking around.

Nobody likes paying for insurance.. and nobody like needing insurance. But you're sure glad you have it when you need it.

My wife got in an accident last year, and it was $13K to rebuild the front end of her car, plus they paid for the rental car while hers was in the shop.

And around here... there are so many expensive cars on the road, and umbrella policy is almost a must. Running into a Ferrari instead of a civic, and you can get cleaned out.
Main reason I have DJ liability insurance .. I do so few events, but all it takes is one accident.

Reactions: Albatross
I cannot complain I pay ~$45/mo with Geico for the state minimums. It was $37/mo until I got a ticket a few years ago. Prior to that Progressive was charging me ~$140/mo based on my driving history when I was a teenager. Not that I ever got a lot of tickets but there was this one time at band camp I got a boat load of tickets for one incident. Ah, to be young and dumb again. :D

As I understand it in New York tickets 'drop' off your license in 3 years. I realized Progressive was penalizing me on 5+ year old tickets simply because they had the information in their computers. A new company pulling my abstract wouldn't see that. I quoted around and Geico was the cheapest. Now I quote around every 6 months.

BTW, weren't auto policies on a yearly basis for the longest time? Nowadays they're all 6 month terms.

BTW, weren't auto policies on a yearly basis for the longest time? Nowadays they're all 6 month terms.

It's the opposite up here. I can't buy a 6 month policy anymore except for a motorcycle or an RV. It's not that important I always bought yearly policies anyway it was about 1/3 cheaper that way

Reactions: Dan The Man
As I understand it in New York tickets 'drop' off your license in 3 years. I realized Progressive was penalizing me on 5+ year old tickets simply because they had the information in their computers. A new company pulling my abstract wouldn't see that.

It's supposed to be 3 years here too.

I saved the boat load of money switching to the Hartford through AARP. I switched Both my home and auto. My previous company was preparing to raise my rate again on both, and that's before my new vehicles were added. I'd estimate I'm saving now about 40%. I do not recommend there AARP's emergency service, I'm back with AAA now. The catchers with AARP you need to be over 50. I was kind of pissed when they first sent me the AARP card until I started finding out all the discounts I'm entitled to.