Weddings Had my ego stroked big time the other night...

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

dunlopj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 14, 2008
Belair MD
The wife and I went to see Trace Adkins in concert Friday night.

As we were getting up, a couple in their 40's came up to me and said "You did our wedding five years ago and we still talk about what fun we had and what a great job you did!".

I said thanks for remembering me and thanks for your kind words.

I did not recognize them (over 900 receptions in 24 years) but it still gave my ego a big jolt.

Anyone else have that happen? Really made my day!

Yea, it's great when that happens. What's embarrassing though is when they see you at the store a week after their event, and you don't recognize them. Girls look a lot different in their street clothes than their wedding dress.

It is very nice when that happens. A few months ago I was at a bar restaurant with a few old friends and a girl came up to me and said I did here wedding a few years ago. We talked for a moment. Then I was sitting back down with my friends and her husband and her came up to our table and said how great their wedding was. My friends were giving me a hard time. "Are you sure it was Scott? Because he's awful. Maybe you booked it with him but a real dj did your wedding ". Ha, ha, ha
They sent over a round of drinks. Someone said, "Rock Star!", but then another one said, "Yeah but he's still a d*ck and it doesn't mean anything if it doesn't get us chicks."

What's embarrassing though is when they see you at the store a week after their event, and you don't recognize them.

Had something similar happen about 10 years ago. Wife and I were sitting on a bench at the Ocean City MD boardwalk on an early Monday evening after dinner and two guests (H+W) from Saturday night's wedding came up to me and asked if I DJ'd a wedding Satuday night. I confirmed and they thanked me saying they had a great time....small world.

Reactions: ittigger
Isn't it great having a bride stroke you ...

Reactions: dunlopj
that's why I love my wife, tells me where to go what to wear, and who is who lol

Me too! Every weekday morning, she IRONS and lays out a shirt, tie (some days) and matching pants.

Whenever we see someone or a couple we know, I play if off (Hi..long time...how ya been?).

Then after they walk away, I ask her "OK...who was that?".

And she ALWAYS knows...not just the who, but the where, how, etc...friggin' amazing.