Heard an RCF Evox system last night - wow!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

dunlopj

DJ Extraordinaire
Aug 14, 2008
Belair MD
In the community center where I go to the gym, in the gymnasium next door, they were having a gymnastics awards show.

From the gym, it sounded loud and clear with thump - had to check it out.

So I went into the gymnasium and saw an RCF Evox system being used and it sounded great!

Given the room was all hard surfaces, it was still nice with no echo.

All the guy had was the speakers hooked up to a large controller - that's it. And he brought his own table and covering.

Sorry for the lousy pics - all I have (and need) is a simple phone.

Attachments

• 1202161949.jpg
    1202161949.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 1202161951a.jpg
    1202161951a.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 36
Reactions: ittigger
The EVOX 8 is pretty sweet .. not sure I would do a gym with it, but apparently it will work.

It works in a small gym...my first use of the Evox 8 system. Last minute event. I had my system only a few weeks, but wanted to try it out. I was a bit underpowered for the size room and about 80-100 students (Jr. High Sch.)

I do love my Evox 8 although i agree that a gym is not somewhere i would be trying to use it if i was Dj'ing through it. For a speaking event with just a little backround music etc though absolutely i'd use it. I just need bigger subs if i'm gonna be in a space that large in my opinion. I use my Evox 8 system for about 75 percent of my wedding receptions now though and i love them