I could have stayed home last night!

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Sorry you got it wrong. People were leaving not staying. By 12/12:30 most of the people were gone. Only a small handful of people were left. When I got there that's when I found out what the party was for. What does that have to do with a piss ass poor DJ. Them raising money doesn't excuse the fact that the DJ was late getting there and he sucked SHIT sideways. I didn't want to mention him being late because of what happened the Saturday before this one. He has no excuse either for being late. They won't ever use him again just because he was late alone. Never mind if he was good or bad which he was disgustingly the worst DJ I ever heard. And that's saying a lot since I've seen some bad DJs in my time. The people stayed because they spent as long as they did because they paid $30 and was hoping things would improve with this DJ. That didn't happen. The more he played the more he pissed people off!

Oh I'm sorry on a scale of 1-10 he was a minus 19. Does that make things any better?
Most people stay at a fundraiser for less than 3 hours, they are there to make an appearance and to make sure that other people saw they were there, people leaving had very little to do with the DJ

Most people stay at a fundraiser for less than 3 hours, they are there to make an appearance and to make sure that other people saw they were there, people leaving had very little to do with the DJ
Again you got it wrong. Those people were there to party and they are a crowd that loves to party. This DJ was a big let down. I know this crowd because this is not my first time being around this crowd and I did a party for that crowd once.

Nope you got it wrong. Than agin you get everything wrong and make no effort to get it right. Will look forward to your next unbelievable issue that comes up that no one else seems to have to deal with.

Reactions: tunes4046
Mix, I was just thinking & I can not remember the last time I went to an event to see a DJ. Maybe a wedding three or four years ago.
I'm either too busy or not interested. Fund raisers sometimes attract lower end so as to save money or obtain entertainment for free.

This was a fund raiser correct??? shouldn't shouldn't you be more worried about the charity succeeding at raising money that the DJ?

Reactions: Jeff Romard
So, you said the party was from 9 to 1...
and that a lot of the people left by 12 - 12:30.
I don't see that as being a bad night.

Sounds somewhat normal? Free booze & a bunch of young people, maybe stay till 1:00am

Reactions: Ausumm and ittigger
Sorry you got it wrong. People were leaving not staying. By 12/12:30 most of the people were gone. Only a small handful of people were left. When I got there that's when I found out what the party was for. What does that have to do with a piss ass poor DJ. Them raising money doesn't excuse the fact that the DJ was late getting there and he sucked SHIT sideways. I didn't want to mention him being late because of what happened the Saturday before this one. He has no excuse either for being late. They won't ever use him again just because he was late alone. Never mind if he was good or bad which he was disgustingly the worst DJ I ever heard. And that's saying a lot since I've seen some bad DJs in my time. The people stayed because they spent as long as they did because they paid $30 and was hoping things would improve with this DJ. That didn't happen. The more he played the more he pissed people off!

Oh I'm sorry on a scale of 1-10 he was a minus 19. Does that make things any better?

Nope, it is you that has it wrong. Again, your opinion is that this guy was bad. Your opinion alone. The fact remains that if people were still there then he must not have been that bad.

Nope, it is you that has it wrong. Again, your opinion is that this guy was bad. Your opinion alone. The fact remains that if people were still there then he must not have been that bad.
What would you call a DJ that plays a song that finally gets a few people up to dance and he cuts that song really short that has people rushing back to their seats? A DJ that has people doing this the whole time he's playing? Would you call that a good or great DJ?

The pictures I took were in the beginning and when he finally got people up to dance. Trust me not many people were left by midnight. I only stayed till 12:30 because I was riding with my best friend and his wife. If I had drove my van I would have been gone by 10:30 if I stayed that long. Again like I said it's not me just talking about how bad the DJ was. A whole bunch of people weren't happy with this DJ. I talked to the lady taking the tickets at the front door and she said it herself that this guy can't mix. He wasn't even mixing himself. The controller was doing the work. He was just hitting the sync button when it was time to mix songs. How hard could it be to do that? Just load a song and hit the sync button.

The problem with that just so you know is that he would do that and some of the songs really wouldn't go well together. Some of the songs were playing too fast and some too slow. I got tired of taking pictures because all I could think about was when are my friends going to be ready to leave. I know what they were doing. They were just waiting to give their tenant a ride who was part of the organization of the party.

What would you call a DJ that plays a song that finally gets a few people up to dance and he cuts that song really short that has people rushing back to their seats? A DJ that has people doing this the whole time he's playing? Would you call that a good or great DJ?

Trust me not many people were left by midnight. I only stayed till 12:30 because I was riding with my best friend and his wife. If I had drove my van I would have been gone by 10:30 if I stayed that long.

I would call him/her a working DJ. The fact that people stayed displays that things may not have been as bad as your illustrating. That you would have stayed until 10:30 (2.5 hours) also backs this up. I don't know many people that would stay in a musical atmosphere that they are not comfortable with.

Last edited:
We get it MixMasterOldschool you didn't like him and you need to tell everyone how much better you are. The only problem is he was working and you were not and won't be for awhile because no job is right for you. Not even sure why you are still on a DJ Forum since you are not really a DJ. Just a guy who has gear and can play one style of music.

It was from 8pm until 1am .

Well, there's ANOTHER hour all those people wasted at this horrible event.

My typical wedding venue sells a 5-hour package.
1 hour for cocktails
1 hour for dinner
3 for dancing.

If these people stayed until midnight, they were there dancing longer than most receptions.
How horrible could it have been?

We get it MixMasterOldschool you didn't like him and you need to tell everyone how much better you are. The only problem is he was working and you were not and won't be for awhile because no job is right for you. Not even sure why you are still on a DJ Forum since you are not really a DJ. Just a guy who has gear and can play one style of music.
Not just one style of music . Several but my personal favorites are the ones where the event will be safe .

Let me stop talking about that DJ and talk about me . When I do an event usually people will dance and have a good time . occasionally I run into a crowd that's not a dancing crowd .

When it's a crowd that has never seen me before they might hesitate in the beginning . Once they see I know what to do then they will get up and dance . I have had times where people will come up to me thanking me for the job I did .

All my friends that were there know I could easily beat this DJ playing .

There are times to know when to get a crowd up to dance and when to have them visit the bar . This is especially true when it comes to playing in a bar or club . You need to make the bar happy which will make the owner happy .
One of the regulars that came into the lounge that is closed now told me to get the people up dancing . I told him they will . I was happy to see them at the bar drinking . Later on they danced their butts off .

What's important is knowing how to read a crowd . I will play certain songs to get the reaction from the crowd and if need be change things up .

Last edited:
Wow really. I didn't know reading a crowd is important. I guess I should learn how to do that. I mean I am busy now imagine if I start reading the crowd. Thanks Mix you are the greatest of all time.

My favorite part of this entire thing is you are 50 something and still talking about a "DJ Battle" making you sound like you are 16. You know how I rate myself as a DJ. The number of gigs I get, the amount I charge and the amount of referrals I get from my clients. You on the other hand worry about how big someones speakers are. Just another reason why you will never be a real Business and or run a real DJ company and will always be just a joke on the forums.

Wow really. I didn't know reading a crowd is important. I guess I should learn how to do that. I mean I am busy now imagine if I start reading the crowd. Thanks Mix you are the greatest of all time.
No I'm not . I just learned how to read a crowd over time and making mistakes . It's also important to know when to play a song . You can play a great song at the wrong time killing the mood of the event .

Not just one style of music . Several but my personal favorites are the ones where the event will be safe .
Let me stop talking about that DJ and talk about me . When I do an event usually people will dance and have a good time . occasionally I run into a crowd that's not a dancing crowd .
When it's a crowd that has never seen me before they might hesitate in the beginning . Once they see I know what to do then they will get up and dance . I have had times where people will come up to me thanking me for the job I did .
All my friends that were there know I could easily beat this DJ playing .
There are times to know when to get a crowd up to dance and when to have them visit the bar . This is especially true when it comes to playing in a bar or club . You need to make the bar happy which will make the owner happy .
One of the regulars that came into the lounge that is closed now told me to get the people up dancing . I told him they will . I was happy to see them at the bar drinking . Later on they danced their butts off .
What's important is knowing how to read a crowd . I will play certain songs to get the reaction from the crowd and if need be change things up .

Well, there's the proof.
The only reason you started this thread was to make yourself feel better.
Next time, just tell yourself you're great and leave us out of it.
I have better things to read.