Weddings I think I will keep the deposit

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
Okay in light of JTs comment

I thought of this picture and seeing Rocky across the street sitting on a rocking chair plinking away.:sqwink: The second one is the golden rule.:sqcool:
Rox don't needs doors. He likes walls. Funner to break em down!

lol

Attachments

• No_Target_Shooting.jpg
    No_Target_Shooting.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 0
  • Get_Perspective.jpg
    Get_Perspective.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 0
Certainly.

If you need a list of educational and professional doorways I have successfully traversed, holla back!

Wow... All that formal education and you're just barely breaking even with me in the realm of written word - imagine if I had actually applied myself and had secured any manner or sort of formal education at all!

I'll give credit where credit is due - you write one mean professional correspondence!

She's in insurance. How cute can she be. Now if you said she was a Fox News anchor, well then now you're talking.:sqlaugh:

And yes, I did just say that.:sqwink:

you'd be surprised our SF agent is hawt... ! I ain't kiddin'. Her boss on the other had is a fat old bastard.... but always been good to us.

Thanks...

Just got my reply today!

Jeremiah, sorry it took so long to get back to you - I wanted to have all the right answers. Like I said - you are grandfathered in. And they made a kind of exception since you are a band teacher and do things for the school as well.

The requirements for filing the claim are pretty simple. Notify us as soon as possible and provide any details you are aware of. Also, it is the duty of the insured to cooperate with the insurance company. Don't ever admit to liability - let claims handle it.

Having worked in claims, contracts can be helpful, but often don't have a bearing on the claim. For example, no matter how many signs you might have up that say "not responsible for accidents" if you are negligent - you can still be held responsible.

I talked to underwriting and what they told me was that if something happened the coverage would extend to outside DJ jobs, but that if that is ALL you are doing with your equipment then they might need to take another look at it. Like I said, they don't write that business any more. But they did say that the coverage would definitely extend to outside jobs as it stands right now. Your policy will not specifically state what you are doing. It is a Business Misc. policy which covers a lot of different things. Do you have a copy of your policy from when it was first issued? If not, I can have them send you another.

I hope this helps. I wish we could write new business for this - I would have you send all your friends to me!

Thanks...

Just got my reply today!

Jeremiah, sorry it took so long to get back to you - I wanted to have all the right answers. Like I said - you are grandfathered in. And they made a kind of exception since you are a band teacher and do things for the school as well.

The requirements for filing the claim are pretty simple. Notify us as soon as possible and provide any details you are aware of. Also, it is the duty of the insured to cooperate with the insurance company. Don't ever admit to liability - let claims handle it.

Having worked in claims, contracts can be helpful, but often don't have a bearing on the claim. For example, no matter how many signs you might have up that say "not responsible for accidents" if you are negligent - you can still be held responsible.

I talked to underwriting and what they told me was that if something happened the coverage would extend to outside DJ jobs, but that if that is ALL you are doing with your equipment then they might need to take another look at it. Like I said, they don't write that business any more. But they did say that the coverage would definitely extend to outside jobs as it stands right now. Your policy will not specifically state what you are doing. It is a Business Misc. policy which covers a lot of different things. Do you have a copy of your policy from when it was first issued? If not, I can have them send you another.

I hope this helps. I wish we could write new business for this - I would have you send all your friends to me!
jt,

I would not want to rely on that language, specifically, "if that is ALL you are doing with your equipment then they might need to take another look at it." If you ever have a substantial claim, be prepared to hear this language rear it's ugly and interpretive head, and not to your benefit.

You do what you choose, but that sounds like a very thin level of protection.

If your DJ business is not incorporated you may also be subject to personal property (homes, cars, investment accounts, etc.) inclusion in any judgment.

Get ye to an attorney and see how much protection you actually have. That happy face in your avatar, hopefully that is your boy, is counting on you and the assets you have to grow, don't risk em.