I went to KPODJ today and picked up these goodies.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I went to KPODJ to one of the stores directly where they sell gear at and picked up these things. I choose to go there because they have the best prices I've ever gotten on gear.

I went there and was planning to pick up a Revo 4 for $200.00. Instead I decided to get an ADJ Double Phase LED for $225.00. Then I picked up a truss for the lights we have. The complete full truss was $110.00. Then I forgot to get the brackets to hold the lights. I went back and got 8 of the heavy duty brackets for $60.00 and when going out the door I saw a light controller. It was the Chauvet Obey 40. New they sell it for $120.00. I got it used for $80.00. So all together I spent $475.00 for everything. I know I got a great deal. I decided not to get the Revo 4 because I already have a Chauvet Vue 11. I'm very happy!

I thought the "DJ chair" was next. Or was it the video screen.

You don't need lights, you need a plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 people
I thought the "DJ chair" was next. Or was it the video screen.

You don't need lights, you need a plan.
The chair was on the list but they didn't have any in stock. There is a plan trust me. We have things lined up in the future to do.

Let's do some math here (and perhaps common sense)...

Retired from "high tech" day job; pays to do gigs; collects disability (more than likely fraudulently); gets music from dubious sources; goes out and buys lights and truss for $475, instead of $29 bar stool so he can sit down; requires security where ever he goes.

Did I miss anything...?

Hmmm, I think I need another beer at 9am... :cheers:

Reactions: 2 people
I think that the small TVs would work for Mix. Why? Based on his own Gig reports he always almost has little room to set up because the place is "so small" so a big TV may be overkill. Again, I am going by what he said. He is going to put them on top of his speakers. :laughing11::laughing11:

I think I've figured out Mix's model. He reports gigs in small locations, bars, and has no problem charging for personal parties i.e. retirement. Sounds a like a social club business model. He says he has a plan. This must be it.
BIG mistake. I'm not charging anyone for my retirement party. People that I call my family, my best friends wife and her sister tried to surprise me with this retirement party. I just figured it out. Trust me I get a certain amount of money from each person that attends. I don't know what that will be or how many people will attend.

It's not me doing a thing. I'm just showing up wearing a new suit.

Like I said before we got things we're doing coming up very soon. And I'm not talking about a bar gig either.

Last edited:
BIG mistake. I'm not charging anyone for my retirement party. People that I call my family, my best friends wife and her sister tried to surprise me with this retirement party. I just figured it out. Trust me I get a certain amount of money from each person that attends. I don't know what that will be or how many people will attend.

It's not me doing a thing. I'm just showing up wearing a new suit.

Like I said before we got things we're doing coming up very soon. And I'm not talking about a bar gig either.

Good stuff Mix...I wasnt dissing you. Just making inferences from previous posts where I recalled you did or considered charging for a party you threw. Ive been confused by some of your posts so I was just trying to make sense of it all. (I admit to not being the smartest guy in the room.)

The social club business model is a real, legitimate model.

If that works for you and you're paid enough to support your biz and yourself then thats a good thing.

I hope yer not being serious -- because you are dealing with a con artist.
State what you know. Stop assuming things. You know the old saying about assuming something. When you assume something you make an azz out of you and me. You said I was collecting disability. I'm not. They are in the process of determining if I will get it or not. You also assume I'm lifting heavy equipment and that's not true. I have others to do that for me. I'll carry my laptop in the bag and maybe the controller in the case. Normally that gets moved while moving the speakers it sits on top of them.

Trust me my homie makes sure I don't move anything heavy as to hurt myself any further. My mind will tell me one thing but my body will tell me something different. I wish I could do the things I used to do. Trust me. Sometimes I used to get depressed because of my health issues. I was angry at first when all the doctors told me the same thing and that is they could not fix the problem. All they can do is to try to help me deal with the issues. I stopped looking at it as a curse. It could be a lot worse. I could need back surgery and end up in wheel chair for the rest of my life. So I've learned to be grateful.

State what you know. Stop assuming things. You know the old saying about assuming something. When you assume something you make an azz out of you and me.

I can only state what you tell us Mix.

Everything you've said to date (if true), points me to the conclusion that you are trying to weasel your way through society at somebody else's expense.

What happened to your "DJ chair", that was supposed to help your back? Instead, you went out and blew $475 on lights and trussing.

You're not getting any sympathy from me.

Reactions: 1 person
Rick, Your not to a very good job of feeding Mix's EGO!!??

Reactions: 1 person
I can only state what you tell us Mix.

Everything you've said to date (if true), points me to the conclusion that you are trying to weasel your way through society at somebody else's expense.

What happened to your "DJ chair", that was supposed to help your back? Instead, you went out and blew $475 on lights and trussing.

You're not getting any sympathy from me.
Did you see my earlier post about the DJ chair. I said they were sold out and should be getting some more in this week. So I'll get it probably sometime this week when they come back in.

Did you see my earlier post about the DJ chair. I said they were sold out and should be getting some more in this week.

Are you retarded, or is it just me that thinks so...?

You've been given plenty of advice from people here trying to help you. You continue to be an asshat, no matter what we do.

Grow up, and stop playing Joe Dirt -- yer not that good of an actor -- David Spade would kick yer ass.

Reactions: 2 people
man I didn't realize how much I missed mixes post on "the other board"
Are you kidding!!!! I'm so glad he has found a home here!!!