I'm not the DJ this coming Friday.

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

MIXMASTERMACHOM

DJ Extraordinaire
ODJT Supporter
Oct 16, 2011
I got a special birthday celebration to attend this coming Friday. My best friends oldest daughter is turning 30. It's going to be at the Galloping Hill Inn. It's $50 per person to attend. I know most of you don't agree with that. This one isn't a bad deal. You get to eat and open bar for the full 4 hours. Top shelf at that.

I was told when they planned to have it I'm not going to be the DJ for this one. Fine with me. I'm not upset at all! I've done plenty of things for both sides of their families. I get to come there, take pictures and have a good time with my date. Only thing I know about the DJ is it's someone where she works that's doing it. She will be 30 years old. I was told there will be a red carpet and the mother, my best friends wife wants me to take pictures as people come in. Not a problem. I get more practice in.

I don't care about the food. The food since I'm very picky will be stuff I won't eat. I just hope the DJ is good. The last few times I was invited to an event by then the DJ was not good at all. I certainly plan on posting pictures of the event on here and possibly some video as well.

Me neither.

But my son's girlfriend's mother knows a guy that once had a sandwich with Waylon Jennings' chauffer's cousin, who owns a bowling alley where they have bands and DJ's every other month, unless it's a leap year, when they were thinking of doing them twice a month but they're not sure so they have to wait and see but for now they're not going to spend the extra money, or my son's girlfriend's mother's friend that knows Waylon's chauffer's cousin said they would definitely call me to see if I could possibly play a gig there (in the alley) sometime between the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2020 if he's still in business because he's spending a lot of money on updating the kitchen and all of the alleys as well, not just on entertainment, so they might ask me to do it for free, which I still might do because I've never played in a chauffer's cousin's alley!

GJ

Me neither.

But my son's girlfriend's mother knows a guy that once had a sandwich with Waylon Jennings' chauffer's cousin, who owns a bowling alley where they have bands and DJ's every other month, unless it's a leap year, when they were thinking of doing them twice a month but they're not sure so they have to wait and see but for now they're not going to spend the extra money, or my son's girlfriend's mother's friend that knows Waylon's chauffer's cousin said they would definitely call me to see if I could possibly play a gig there (in the alley) sometime between the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2020 if he's still in business because he's spending a lot of money on updating the kitchen and all of the alleys as well, not just on entertainment, so they might ask me to do it for free, which I still might do because I've never played in a chauffer's cousin's alley!

GJ

:rofl::cheers2: ...Sounds good man! Good Luck on getting, or not getting the gig for free, or paid some money to do it!

Reactions: Jeff Romard
So Mix .. you're not eating the food .. nor drinking the free booze .. basically it's a required gift under the cloud of you not being the preferred DJ. I REALLY don't understand how they do things in your area.

So Mix .. you're not eating the food .. nor drinking the free booze .. basically it's a required gift under the cloud of you not being the preferred DJ. I REALLY don't understand how they do things in your area.
I don't drink and I'm usually not crazy about the buggìe food they have at these places. I will drink soda all night.

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I don't drink and I'm usually not crazy about the buggìe food they have at these places. I will drink soda all night.

It would take me a month of trying to drink $50 worth of pop but YMMV

Can you give me an example of buggie (or, boujee, as the Migos say) food?
To me it's fake food. Where others would go crazy over such a menu. My favorite meal is Jiffy cornbread, rice with gravy and collard greens. No meat needed.

Mix, congrats on the sobriety.

It's good that you were not upset when they told you you weren't the dj for this one in the beginning. But, have you ever asked yourself why?

My family and friends ask me ALL THE TIME. I rarely can, because I'm booked. I'm guessing it happens with most Djs. But if some people close to me is planning a party and one of the first things on their agenda is to tell me they I'm NOT going to be the Dj, that would be a red flag that there is something wrong with my DJing.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just saying something you should look at.

I'm in recovery and my top priority is to stay clean! If God blesses me to see it April 12th will make 20 years of being clean and serine.

Congrats on the sobriety Mix that is a very good accomplishment

Too much CARBS... That meal would KILL half the participants on this forum.[emoji1]

I need the recipe and shipping instructions for a few ;)

Mix, congrats on the sobriety.

It's good that you were not upset when they told you you weren't the dj for this one in the beginning. But, have you ever asked yourself why?

My family and friends ask me ALL THE TIME. I rarely can, because I'm booked. I'm guessing it happens with most Djs. But if some people close to me is planning a party and one of the first things on their agenda is to tell me they I'm NOT going to be the Dj, that would be a red flag that there is something wrong with my DJing.

I'm not trying to be mean. Just saying something you should look at.
Not a big deal for me. I've done a ton of things for the family over the years. My guess is she wanted a DJ that would be more in tune with the music she wants for this event. It's to be a 90's theme. I don't have an issue with that. I don't claim to be the DJ that is the right fit for any event and I'm good with that. I get the night off and get to hang out with people who are family to me, even though we're not actually related.

I just hope the DJ is good. I already knew this subject was going to come up. I don't ever have a problem with doing an event for that family when I'm available or not doing an event for them.

My 2 big questions when someone contacts me about doing an event for them is what kind of event it is and where the event is to take place? We can have a conversation as to the music they want and so after I find out those 2 very important answers to the questions.

Depending on the type of event and where it is going to be I will either say to myself I am willing to do the event or not.

MIX you seems to like one style of music and that's why you are not busy. Ive done bars, weddings, birthdays all take a different style of music, Mix try to step out of your comfort zone and see what happens
Music isn't the issue sir. It's about more than me just playing one style of music. Sometimes it depends on the type of event it is and where it's going to be at. Also some clients don't have a realistic budget in mind to book a DJ. At least not me or my company.

WELL this is a birthday and its family should be in like flint. Now mix your last statement about realistic budget I'm sure you would beat anyone's price

Reactions: Jeff Romard