Video Jocks Interactive DJ software for *live* dance video screen effects + beat matching games

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

indaviz

New DJ
May 13, 2014
Greetings DJs. My apologies if posting as a gear vendor is against the forum rules.

We are a 2-person software shop making an application for DJs who use a video screen on their shows --
it is software for interactive visual entertainment where people on the dance floor dance together
on the screen and make visual effects with their hands in the air. They blow up colors, fire lasers,
shoot lightnings, and if you turn on the beat matching game, they literally catch the beats
of your LIVE mix!

The software and info is at http://visikord.com. We have just released version 2.0, so if you download
and run the free Trial, please email us your experience with the Trial (e.g. if you were able to get it
running right away or not) and we'll send you a coupon for 50% off for the full product. We'll also
help you run the Trial on your machine if help is needed.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions (such as, does it work with Virtual DJ, how
is this different from Virtual DJ video or Dance Dance Revolution or Just Dance, and others!) -- you'll
be very welcome.

Davor Magdic
Visikord Interactive
Santa Barbara, CA

Welcome Davor please take time to tell us a little about yourself before you try to sell us your product......Normally I would axe the post and ban the user but maybe someone is interested in this so I moved it to the video forum.

Hi Jeff, thank you for the opportunity. I am a software developer who likes music and movement (I'd say dance too if I could dance) and visual FX but I'm not a DJ. I made the 1st cut of this interactive music visualizer in 2011, with the help of a friend. A couple of DJ friends in Santa Barbara really liked it, we brought the system to local clubs and people had a blast so I thought I should make a product. When I showed it at a trade show it turned out that people who were most interested in it, and were our first customers, were mobile DJs. I figured it's because they own and control all the gear where venue DJs like my friends here don't have control over lighting and screens. So we added features for mobile DJs. The first full version of the software was shown at Mobile Beat LV in 2013, and the v2.0 beta at MBLV this year. We added lots of new features in v2.0 including live video in, photo booth, control panel, and dance games, but we haven't posted online anywhere yet except for one e-flyer in Mobile Beat magazine, so I wanted to let more DJs who do video know about the software.

I apologize again for posting on a DJ forum without being a DJ, but I've seen people on the dance floor having a great time seeing themselves on the screen like they do in Visikord and making stuff on the screen, and we have customers who say their guests absolutely love the effects, so I hope DJs here will find this of value. Thanks again.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
I'm normally quite anal about guys coming to a DJ board and trying to hock their merchandise. That said, this is an exception. That product looks AWESOME!!! I wish I'd had it a couple of weeks ago. First off, how much does it cost? Does it run on windows? Really bro, very cool product. I can't wait to find out more about it.

Thanks Rick I really appreciate it! The software runs on Windows only, doesn't need a top-of-the line laptop, and it uses a videogame motion-control camera called Kinect (of Kinect for XBox360 fame, but it doesn't use the XBox, just the Kinect "eye", which plugs into your laptop's USB). New Kinect is around $100 in BestBuy, and there are many used ones on eBay for $10-$40.

The price of the software is $299 for the full version, which is $149 with the Trial offer -- happy to count you in! (We'd like to get more info on how well the Trial works for evaluating the s/w.) There is also a "Core" version of the software for $99 ($49 with the Trial discount on this board), there is a comparison chart on http://visikord.com/product.

Other than that, there are many different features so please ask... Eg. there is PhotoBooth, freestyle dance, there's a very casual game with catching stars on the beat that can be played solo or in pairs, with stars and moons and suns that do something when hit on the beat, there's a game with catching flying beats, there are custom user background JPGs that dancers can play with and sort of melt them with their hands in different ways, also there are custom user videos and messages and dancer "skins", lightning between dancers etc:

olja-visi-red-100p.jpg

Re Windows only -- apologies to Mac users but the software needs a graphics layer that is not available on OSX. I try to get some goodwill by pointing out that if they get a Windows machine only for Visikord, it runs as an appliance and does not need updating. Sometimes it works -- we have a few Mac-only DJs who got a PC (or two) just for our software and I take it as a compliment similar to the one you gave. :)