Lady Gaga IS the new Madonna

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!
I will say she might not keep it going as long as Madonna but what has Madonna really done in the past 15 yrs other than have kids make a single that went pretty big cause of Justin Timberlake. Oh ya Kabala. If Gaga goes ten yrs at her current swift rate of albums and hit songs and video I dont see her going one step beyond. That song has La Isla / Ace OF Bass/ Abba all mixed together and it will appeal to even more folks than her other songs. I initially didnt like it so much but appreciate the ability to go another direction.

Well how about you get back to us when Lady Gaga sells over 200 MILLION albums?

And while I can't say that "I" loved them, her last 2 CDs totalled 16,000,000 units.

Papa its a prediction nothing more but I am pretty decent at the soothsayer thing. How many folks said Britney Bit..... would be a one hit wonder? So many. Same with Usher. I dont see Blah Blah Blah singer (whats her name ) lasting long but Gaga has spent alot of time preparing the career she is in full swing with at this point. She is a gifted musician and singer with a very solid plan. Much like Madonna. To be honest Madonna like Britney made more success with the shock value than anything else. She was never a great dancer (Gaga isnt either). Madonnas first three albums were her best for the time. Gaga has her third in the wings but she is waiting for the release til after she tours the world.
We shall see

no way is lady gogo the new madonna :(

Jon, the HUGE difference is that these days; the kids have been trained to move on every year or two by Disney. ( I know, Gaga is not a Disney product )... but IMO there will be very few, if any of today's, ahem, "artists", making music anybody even gives a crap about 5 years from now.

Just my two cents.

lol I aint answering that comment Patrick :)

I'm afraid I got bored with her after "Just Dance." It is strange how much production is needed these days to stay entertaining. I was watching the "Best of Ed Sullivan" show on PBS and noticed how alot of the early groups did nothing but just stand there and play guitar yet they were still very watchable and almost riveting. They had obviously honed their performing skills for quite some time before making it big. Even some obscure one-hitters like the Honeycombers exuded such joy and energy with their singing that you just wanted to keep watching them. Now there is so much going on in the background with dancers and flames and smoke bombs I don't even know who I'm supposed to be watching. Sometimes it is spectacular and impressive and artistic and sometimes it is just a distraction to make up for the song being forgettable.

I would say that Lady Gaga could be the next Madonna, all the pieces are there. My only concern would be her record label...making the quick bucks off her, excessive touring with heavily demanding shows and just wringing every dollar out of her, then tossing her to the side.

Of course the following is just my opinion but, I have never liked Lady Gaga.

So far, all of her songs have been the same repetative crap ripped off from just about every other artist.

How this woman manages to keep getting hits is completely beyond my comprehension.

It just supports my original theory that you don't need any real talent to make it in the music biz nowadays, just a really good promoter or business model and a couple thousand bucks worth of processing gear..

*sigh*

-James

Lady Gaga owes a lot of success to Akon.....whom I think is the real talent at work here.

Beyonce will have more lasting/staying power, I believe....even Katy Perry may have more than Lady Gaga....possibly.

I have actually been sitting here quietly listening to the comments on this thread. Amazing thing, intention, perception and reception.

When I started the thread I was actually talking about the style, inspiration, imagery, and storylines from the video point of view. In my professional opinion, her video that I posted has "borrowed" heavily from a variety of Madonna's past videos, Erotica, Vogue, Justify My Love, Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, and even a bit of La Isla Bonita.

As an artist, yea I am not that thrilled with her, especially some of her latest releases...but as a visual communicator, she is up there with the best ever.

...but as a visual communicator, she is up there with the best ever.

Why are we assuming she is due any credit over the directors and producers?

Do we even know where the concepts came from?

For all we know they could have just gone on Craigslist and held a contest that solicited concept submissions from film students at local community colleges. I'll withhold praise for now... :sqrolleyes:

Why are we assuming she is due any credit over the directors and producers?

Do we even know where the concepts came from?

For all we know they could have just gone on Craigslist and held a contest that solicited concept submissions from film students at local community colleges. I'll withhold praise for now... :sqrolleyes:

This statement shows a complete ignorance of both the music industry and the film industry.