LIARS LIARS Your Pants Are On FIRES [Had to make it rhyme!]

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

When requested to play an inappropriate song, do you...

• 1) lie and say you don't have it;

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2) explain that it's inappropriate;

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • 3) tell them okay but just never play it;

• 4) say no and ask for alternative;

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 5) just say no;

• 6) can honestly tell them you don't have it

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
I play live tracks during sex that way it always ends with a round of applause ;)

Jeff also edits the songs down to 35-40 seconds so the timing is right. :)

Jeff also edits the songs down to 35-40 seconds so the timing is right. :)
I would have gone with a different number, but I guess you need to include time for foreplay.

As for explicit song requests - I explain to every customer that I refuse to carry explicit materials. If they want to hear it, they have to bring it, in cd form too.

My computers don't even have CD ROM trays any more. I have USB CD player I could hook in, but I'd rather look for a much easier way than them giving me a CD.

8 track maybe?:)

We just signed up to do a 50th anniversary. They asked if they can provide me with a lot of 45's. I said let's just start with the songs, I'm pretty confident I'll have them or can get them.

...We just signed up to do a 50th anniversary. They asked if they can provide me with a lot of 45's. I said let's just start with the songs, I'm pretty confident I'll have them or can get them.

45's???[emoji1] Well, at least they weren't going to bring their 78's![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Scott Hanna
45's???[emoji1] Well, at least they weren't going to bring their 78's![emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reel to reel!!

Reactions: DJ Bobcat
I have said this before but will say it again. Playing even clean edited versions of songs I would not play otherwise is still not acceptable to me for events that are enough of a mixed crowd where people could still be offended. Blanking out the offensive words wrecks the flow of the song and changing a few lyrics doesn't change the implications of the lyrics.
If I wouldn't play the unedited version at an event I won't play the edited version either.

In most cases, the requester only wants the song played not because of it's "danceability" but specifically because of the explicit lyrics or innuendos, especially where school dances are concerned.

I have no problem telling the requester that it's inappropriate for the event. I try and suggest alternatives that I know will work and usually they are happy with one of the suggestions I give them. If you make suggestions that you were considering playing anyways you will come out smelling like a rose every time.

Saying you don't have it will usually bite you in the ass because the requester or their friend will almost always have it on a portable device which will only lead to more problems and more lies needed to refute their attempts to get you to play it or hook their player into your system.

Reactions: Cap Capello
I have said this before but will say it again. Playing even clean edited versions of songs I would not play otherwise is still not acceptable to me for events that are enough of a mixed crowd where people could still be offended. Blanking out the offensive words wrecks the flow of the song and changing a few lyrics doesn't change the implications of the lyrics.
If I wouldn't play the unedited version at an event I won't play the edited version either.

In most cases, the requester only wants the song played not because of it's "danceability" but specifically because of the explicit lyrics or innuendos, especially where school dances are concerned.

I have no problem telling the requester that it's inappropriate for the event. I try and suggest alternatives that I know will work and usually they are happy with one of the suggestions I give them. If you make suggestions that you were considering playing anyways you will come out smelling like a rose every time.

Saying you don't have it will usually bite you in the ass because the requester or their friend will almost always have it on a portable device which will only lead to more problems and more lies needed to refute their attempts to get you to play it or hook their player into your system.

It's a little different for me. I do mostly weddings. I try to avoid the big obvious F bombs and the N word. I don't think most people are listening that close to get the full meaning of the song. Most songs today are edited with more that just a bleep. There are always exceptions of course.

A good example is cake by the ocean. A very popular song. I only had the edited version. The other day I heard the unedited version. Quite different.

Reactions: Jeff Romard
Though, honestly, CeeLo Green's F**k You .. is FAR better than the Forget You version ...

Yeah, since the F word is so commonly used today it's not even a bomb anymore and has lost it's effectiveness.

My criteria for play no play has more to do with refusing to play songs that promote violence/hate, are overly sexually explicit or are disrespectful towards women more so than the odd swear word.

There is no hard and fast rule. It's event specific.
Using Ceelo as an example, where most would play the "forget you" version at most events (as would I), if it was a divorce party where the bitterness is strong, I know which version I would play.;)

I always loved our Angels song - am I ever gonna see your face again

I've been asked for and played these two dillies...Obviously for a carefully monitored crowd

If you're easily offended don't click ;)