LIARS LIARS Your Pants Are On FIRES [Had to make it rhyme!]

To many ads? Support ODJT and see no ads!

When requested to play an inappropriate song, do you...

• 1) lie and say you don't have it;

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • 2) explain that it's inappropriate;

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • 3) tell them okay but just never play it;

• 4) say no and ask for alternative;

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • 5) just say no;

• 6) can honestly tell them you don't have it

Votes: 6 27.3%

• Total voters
Reactions: Jeff Romard
I've been asked for and played these two dillies...Obviously for a carefully monitored crowd

If you're easily offended don't click ;)
you forgot the donut song...."take a flying F*&^ on a rolling do-nut..."

We did a lot of rodeo dances back in the day and these 3 were big hits. I think the donut song was the backside of the asshole song on 45....can't find it on youtube

If you have the song but won't play it and you say so you're 'that guy', the wet blanket if you will. DJs are supposed to be cool, eh? :) Telling them you don't have the song is just the path of least resistance. Of course now every song is available on demand anywhere there is a stable internet connection - it's hard to not have a song.

When I DJ'ed bars there was nothing specifically on my DNP list. There were a few songs (offhand I remember Afroman) that I would clear with the boss or bartender before playing it was usually late/near closing and they could careless unless there were a lot of older people at the bar or it caused a ruckus .

Funnily enough the song I got the most flack for playing was Cowboy by Kid Rock. We were winding down for the night. I knew the song was going to amp up the crowd but a cute little rocker chick requested it. The least I could do is sic her on the boss knowing full well he was sloshed and would've probably agreed to anything she asked. Boss green lighted the song so I played it. The place went nuts for the entire song. I could tell the boss man wasn't happy and followed up with one of his favorites then shut down. The next day he told me never to refer requests to him after midnight. :sqlaugh: