Marketing changes - update

Discussion in 'DJ Marketing' started by rickryan.com, Aug 24, 2017.

1. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

I know what you mean with other photog pages... if you're gonna do scrolling... go with the bigger pics (2/3 the width of the page) and single column then... no one likes tiny pics lol.

ittigger likes this.
  2. rickryan.com

rickryan.com DJ Extraordinaire

Okay, I think we're starting to get somewhere. I went back and found out how to override the standard sizes on photo galleries (CSS code). I also nuked the cover page and put a full-screen slideshow on the main landing page. I also changed the entire site to being dark-based instead of white background. I've also setup multiple pages under photography, DJ/MC and pricing, which is much cleaner and hopefully easier to understand. I've still got to do some tweaking on photo selections but after seeing it yesterday, my wife actually said "Will you re-do my site?" That's the first time she's said anything positive about one of my websites. If you guys see anything else that I'm missing, please feel free to chime in. Thanks again for everyone's input.

Home

ittigger likes this.
  3. steve149

steve149 Urbane Legend

On the Firefox browser, this text:
    Nashville Wedding Photographers, DJ and Lighting
    Timeless, Classic, Beautiful
    Call us now at 615-390-2784

Is butted against the left margin .. should be indented somewhat

4. djtaso

djtaso DJ Extraordinaire

- what Steve said... same thing happened on chrome
    - Somethings bothering me about the text on the dj pages. The paragraphs look too narrow and not enjoyable to read. I suggest extending ur page margins. I attached two variations that may work for you. One extends the margins, one makes the paragraphs full width with a gallery below. I also included yours for comparison:
    upload_2017-9-14_12-1-53.png
    upload_2017-9-14_11-59-15.png
    upload_2017-9-14_11-59-28.png
    upload_2017-9-14_11-58-55.png